Samsung Tab

TroyinEwa/Perv

SO so soooooooo many new tabs coming out next year.

Good the current gadget show in Las Vegas and you'll see a good round up.

Forget the Samsung Tab - I had a play with one for a couple of hours. It's fine, but DEFINTIELY not worth the money they're asking. Far better and cheaper models coming out now or soon - try the Archos 101 for example.

Only reason that the Galaxy Tab is getting the hype is because its really the first serious challenger to the iPad - and even then it falls down in many areas - screen, OS, apps etc.

Far better range and value on offer very shortly - hang out, be patient and you'll see!

:beer:

I differ with you there, KS.

I think the 10 inch iPad is FAR better.

For a smaller screen and portability, I use my iPhone.

iPad I use for movies, magazines, newspapers etc and just looks so much smarter on the bigger screen. I only use it at home, so portability is not an issue for me.

Agree with the Litle Pig (missed you on your last trip!)

The Ipad is in my work bag - fits nicely and is used during the day on the go, in the car, etc... but not very often carried by itself.

At home - the Ipad gets a real work out - but not from me - I only sync and update it - the rest of the time it is used by the family/kids.

Not an Apple fanatic at all - so if anything better comes along (especially if Apps could be programed and used without having to go via some Apple Store) - then I would really want to switch.

Video calling on Skype or other service will depend on infrastructure. Likely okay if you are connected through Wi-Fi and just about useable on 3G where available, No good on GPRS/EDGE.

A 'friend' has 3G service and we use it regularly. Skype usually says the video is low or medium quality. Good enough for a brief chat but you could not make out each strand of hair.

Archived