Gout

Coss

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have suffered gout from the age of 24 and relates to a very early life of excess.

i have studied and tried all the mainstream cures and suggest the following:

1. allopurinol - take this daily and it will moderate the uric acid in your body - most gout sufferers take this and it works well - i was a rare exception and had the unfortunate side effect where my cock swelled up 3 times normal size and was equal in girth to my forearm after which it was bruised and unable to be used for several weeks.

2. Colchicine - this is used when u have an attack - take 2 tablets first then 1 each hour after until u get relief - usually u have to take 4 or 5 and then the gout is gone but u do usually get the shits and a good clean out

3. probenicid or procid - i take this daily to keep gout away and havent had an attack for years. it is an alternative to allopuinol and just as effective - it is also used to boost the effectiveness of antibiotics so if u get an std or the flue the procid helps the antibiotic make short work of the little bastard!!!

once u have had a gout attack u will unfortunately get more and the attacks will become much worse - that is the fact - putting up with the pain is no good as the uric acid crystals do great harm to your joints over time.

just take the medicine and u will not have to modify your lifestle - u can still have pate, lobster and red wine to your hearts content.

When I was 10 years old I got stabbed in the back near the kidneys. Since my late teens I had bouts of gout.

Currently I take Uroric and I have not had an attack since I started taking it. Great medicine.

Nerver underestimate a good placebo.

(Or a balanced diet, which I bet is what the witch dr put him on.)

For sure, YMMV, with the Chinese medicine. He did get on a better diet and avoided the usual; red wine, beer, cheese, etc.

It was expensive, so maybe the amount of $$$ he paid helped to keep him on the diet :dunno:

Curiously, I've been on the protein only, no carb diet for a while now lost 14Kg - no gout at all :)

Hmmm. But you do recall when I was there last. We ate everything, drank to excess (well, that's what the proles say; to us it was just nights out), and smoked many cee-gars. And no gout. Didn't that diet program work? :dunno::clown:

Archived