ngo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is it possible to pick up a girl without being hassled by a ngo what i mean is are they everywhere in bangkok as ive been told

You occasionally hear of some NGO's trying the "save" bar girls, but this happened more in the 1990s. Actually I have never met anyone who has seen a NGO working officially in one of the bar areas in BKK or Pattaya (Cambodia is a different story). Much more probably: a NGO creates a photo-op for his - mostly Christian - donors and barfines the girl afterwards.

To put it in a nutshell: You don't have to worry at all. :content:

PS: Probably most famous was the attempt of the New Times OP-Ed writer Nicholas Kristof to 'save' some Khmer bargirls. If I remember right, most (or all?) of them returned to the trade shortly after.

Shouldn't this read..

"NGO's are everywhere, bars are closing daily, tourists are heading to Cuba and Colombia as the new Sanuk destination.

Bangkok is hostile to tourists and should not be countenanced for fun.

There, that should do it.

Now if we can just convince the bar girls that we are the last ATM's on earth....

Don't forget when Jonathan Pilger "bought" a "slave" in Bangkok in the 1980s, manumitted her with great fanfare and then wrote about it. When the Bangkok Post proved it to be a hoax and foreign papers began picking it the true story, Pilger threatened all sorts of lawsuits. Pilger pissed off the Thai government so much that journalist visas were cut back to six months from twelve - and stayed that way for years.

Aussie Aussie Aussie ... oi, oi, oi! :p

you cant save someone who doesn't want to be saved ngo`s fail to realize that if they close down all the brothels what are the girls going to do for work i said it once ill say it again by allowing do gooders to do this they will only be cutting their own throats and tourism will go down i still think the ngos need to be watched as well i am sure they are boinking these girls they claim to be saving now what about Poi pet are there any good brothels in that area or are they being raided as well where are all the brothels and what area is safe from ngo`s

you cant save someone who doesn't want to be saved ngo`s fail to realize that if they close down all the brothels what are the girls going to do for work i said it once ill say it again by allowing do gooders to do this they will only be cutting their own throats and tourism will go down i still think the ngos need to be watched as well i am sure they are boinking these girls they claim to be saving now what about Poi pet are there any good brothels in that area or are they being raided as well where are all the brothels and what area is safe from ngo`s

As I said in the other thread, I think that you don't know what your are talking about. And please specify which country and cities do you have in mind?

Poipet is one of the sleaziest places in Asia. If you go there for girls you deserve to be monitored. :content:

Archived