ngo

Well these NGO's must keep a very low profile in LOS coz I'd never even heard of them until this thread and I've been travelling to / living in LOS for over 22 years! :shocked:

I wonder who actually has seen any NGO in the P4P scene -either in Cambo or in LOS.

In Cambo NGO's are much more visible, but mainly through Western media. Since my first trip in 2003 I have never seen a NGO in the P4P scene for Barangs.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well these NGO's must keep a very low profile in LOS coz I'd never even heard of them until this thread and I've been travelling to / living in LOS for over 22 years! :shocked:

I wonder who actually has seen any NGO in the P4P scene -either in Cambo or in LOS.

In Cambo NGO's are much more visible' date=' but mainly through Western media. Since my first trip in 2003 I have never seen a NGO in the P4P scene for Barangs.[/quote']

They were extremely powerful at one time in Cambodia right around the time of the election. Yes, they could and sometimes did fuck people up - no idea if the people deserved it or not.

http://www.grahamcleghorn.org.nz/

The page has not been updated for a few years so not sure where the case stands or even if he is still alive.

Have heard all the women who signed statements that were used to convict him said they were paid. Also heard every one of them recanted.

In Cambo NGO's are much more visible' date=' but mainly through Western media. Since my first trip in 2003 I have never seen a NGO in the P4P scene for Barangs.[/quote']

They were extremely powerful at one time in Cambodia right around the time of the election. Yes, they could and sometimes did fuck people up - no idea if the people deserved it or not.

http://www.grahamcleghorn.org.nz/

The page has not been updated for a few years so not sure where the case stands or even if he is still alive.

Have heard all the women who signed statements that were used to convict him said they were paid. Also heard every one of them recanted.

Nope, I don't think they were that powerful. They jailed a few Western guys over the years and it seems most of them were jailed for the right reasons.

In regard to Cleghorn it is hard to say, if he was guilty. Anyway it seems that Cleghorn is a a very stubborn guy who refused to bribe himself out of the trial. And he claimed that he owned a valuable piece of land near Angkor. And the NGO used him as a scapegoat.

IMHO this sounds more like stories we heard from BKK that underage girls worked together with local police trying to catch some stupid Farangs for to make some real money (several thousand USD for all people involved).

And it is no surprise that the NGO went after a Farang and not after a local Khmer...

By the way, the guy is still in jail. Is a awaiting a second trail for defamation of the NGO. Links

Personally I think that this guy lacks some social skills. He could have bribed himself out of the country eight years ago.

Here is a quite famous one that actually does good work...but that's by far the exception rather than the rule with these groups.

http://www.empowerfoundation.org/index_en.html

Archived