Hotel Food

Torneyboy

Didn't want to include Hotels in my Favorite Restaurants or the Big show Restaurants thread so will keep these as stand alone.

First up is the New Ibis on the river..opened in November..just along from our condo/apartment..have seen signs advertising a bbq seafood buffet Friday and Saturday nights 599tb net...called them 4.30 yesterday and booked for five people..buffet starts at 6.30pm.

Asked questions about byo and my bugbear "do you carry diet coke '' etc..

We arrive and the place is fully booked outside and just a few tables in the air con section vacant.

Soft drinks were free..no charge for bringing my supply of Diet coke ..400 to open the whiskey and gave us enough ice etc ..all self serve from then on...

Total was 5X 599 plus 400 for the booze fee.

Some photos..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standard buffet . sticky rice and som tum to order..several chicken dishes and two beef dishes with side sauces as well as fish and some noodle type dishes.. dessert was mainly Thai..pancakes with assorted fillings were made to order at a crepe counter...cheap enough to make a return and the view is worth a look anyway...

Food was ordinary ...(well presented )..imo

Kids welcome ..ice cream is an extra (in those little tubs)..and no cheese and crackers for some reason...

We left at 9pm just as the place was filling up 50/50 Thai and farang..

Lunch today..

Mandarin Oriental Hotel

48 Oriental Avenue Bangkok ( next to the Shangri La hotel )..phone (2)659 9000

1400tb per person ..no drinks soft or otherwise included..i mention that because on our bill..

One JW red and diet coke 290

One Kamikaze blue (my wife loves these..damn) 400

One orange juice 300

Total was just over 5500tb

This is a five star hotel and the food and service reflect this ..most people were dressed up ..no shorts allowed..

Archived