Hotel Food

Torneyboy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi TB,

Thanks for all these nice reviews :bow:

I was looking for a place where they serve green lobster and found Paris Bangkok Co.,Ltd

120 Soi Saladang 1/1

Silom Bangrak 10500

But now you mention the Peninsula at 1800 and Next2 at the Shangri-La where I see green lobster turned red after grilling at xxxxpp? (pic 41)

I love smoked salmon, but that should not be an issue at any of these places isn't?

My GF must try real lobster, I'll be in Montreal in May to fill my belly with lobster but can't imagine bringing some over :shocked:

I only have 2 nights stay in Bangkok, so my choices are limited, what (buffet) would you recommend? Money is not an issue.

And I saw this strange tripadvisor review of the Peninsula dated 24 March 2011:

All together, a very excellent, comfortable establishment. The catering arrangements however were very disappointing for a hotel of this standard. The buffet style breakfast with choice of individually cooked dishes was very good. Facilities and the offerings for light snacks during the day were poor. The Thai and Chinese restaurants were good with excellent food and attentive service but should you prefer 'international' or 'western' food and wine in quality surroundings, that's too bad as the Peninsular's beautiful 'international' restaurant is unfortunately no more. Today, one has to make do either with a few tables around the edge of an over-chilled room housing vast buffet spreads of (uncovered) salads, meats and seafoods or resort to the River Bar outside where a very limited number of western dishes are offered accompanied by river noise and unwanted piped music.

Incidentally, has anyone stayed/tried the buffet at Pullman Khon Kaen lately? Rooms reasonably priced at 2600THB

Thanks

The Mandarin Oriental is just a perfect place for that special dinner/Lunch ..we are going there again tonight...

Read the dress code ...shirts with collars and long trousers a must ...for the men that is ;)

Last night ..

Millenium Hilton Bangkok

123 Charoen Nakorn Road

Klongsan Bangkok

Opp side of the river to the Sheraton and Shangri La

02 442 2000

Total for two 4560 (tax included..not tips)

Includes two JW at 210tb each

My wife's cocktail 400 tb

Mandarin Oriental last night ( The Terrace )

Chao Phraya River

48 Oriental Avenue

Bangkok

2 653 9000

A shuttle boat service runs every five minutes from Sathorn Pier (Taksin Bridge)and then a short walk to the BTS

This is the Terrace buffet ..a very lovely setting lots of pretty lights ..a great location for that special dinner or just a nice dinner and enjoy the river view..

The buffet is smaller than the famous lunch one ..but it is first class..and the staff are very professional..

Cost

Buffet 2350 per person 4700

3 Jw and diet coke 780

1 cocktail 300

with taxes 6890.00 tb

• 1 month later...

The Shangri-La Hotel ..revisited ..last night.

89 Soi Wat suan Plu ,

new Road

Bangrak Bangkok 02 236 7777

Right on the Chao Phraya River

You can get there from the Saphan Taksin BTS or by shuttle boat from the pier..

Either way ..make sure you walk along the riverside of the hotel..the gardens are just a must see and an excellent photo opportunity with your girlfriend /wife..

The food is very high standard as is the service ..well worth a visit

Two JW and my wif'e blue thing..430

total for two includes tax 4650

Archived