Torneyboy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight was The Marriot Chao Phaya resort and spa

257/1-3 Charoen nakorn Road Samre Thornburi Bangkok

Buffet 1400 per person X three

I JW and Diet coke 260

I Blue thing (wife's favorite) 270..much cheaper than the Oriental..

Tab 5250.00

Another five star hotel wonderful location right on the river..food was well presented ..however very different standard to the Oriental also the service was no were as good ...however still a good night out ..they have a show during the dinner (Thai dancing etc)

This buffet is served outside on the river edge ( bring some insect spray.. a must).

Beautiful hotel and bars ..worth a try..

Some photos..

You don't go out for dinner every night do you?

Yes ..lunch and dinner every day ...fruit in the mornings ..we don't cook at all in our apartment ..my wife will use the Micro now and then for noodles ..

The luxuries of city life!

All I got here in backwoods Farangland is a Subway and a Dunkin donuts with a smattering of greasy spoons.

Looks like Spam again tonight here!

Tonight was the Peninsula Hotel

333 Charoen Nakorn Road

Bangkok 02 861 2888.

A Five star Hotel with a truly five star Buffet..

Just my wife tonight...1800tb x2

Wife's blue thing 400

JW and Diet Coke 3x 260 tax etc

Tab 5350tb

You can enjoy this buffet indoors air/con or out on the riverside as we did.

This buffet was top class hard to say if the Oriental was better or the same. ( this one had fresh green Lobster finished in dill sauce ...just unbelievable ) .first class presentation of all the dishes, and the staff were eager to please all guests,you could have some dishes cooked just for you and they will serve them to the table ..rather than you wait .

Fantastic spread of cheese and the deserts were masterpieces ..customers were all farang ..(while we dined anyway)..this could be a special occasion restaurant i guess ..as the setting is breathtaking...all the shuttle boats and the dinner cruise boats all pass you by while you enjoy the sunset...

Photos..

Archived