10 years till next colonoscopy

nkped

Just went through one of those joys of being over 50, the colonoscopy. As with the first two, the worst part, by far, was the preparation. Now, you mix up a couple of quarts of a solution that mostly tastes like salt water. The procedure itself, as before was no big deal--quality drugs are a wonderful thing. This time no polyps, which was nice to hear. Then the part I didn't expect, come back in 10 years. :alert: While I'm not exactly complaining, is this something new? I was expecting 3 years or 5 at the most.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just went through one of those joys of being over 50, the colonoscopy. As with the first two, the worst part, by far, was the preparation. Now, you mix up a couple of quarts of a solution that mostly tastes like salt water. The procedure itself, as before was no big deal--quality drugs are a wonderful thing. This time no polyps, which was nice to hear. Then the part I didn't expect, come back in 10 years. :alert: While I'm not exactly complaining, is this something new? I was expecting 3 years or 5 at the most.

In Australia they would not wait 10 years, my brother just had one, and the missus and they were both told to do another in 5 years.

10 years is a very long time to wait until another check should take place, after all, bowel cancer is one of the most treatable of all cancers, why give that sucker an even chance :beer:

Archived