A week in fabulous Phnom Penh

lifeline

any villages in Cambodia off the beaten path that are good for boom boom?

I never ventured outside the Farang scene. I think you either need to speak Khmer or a local guide for to introduce you to the places to go.

Don't forget, the Thai society is more conservative than the Thai society.

PS: The main reason, that I never left the Barang P4P scene where stories I read on the net (including at a now defunct Khmer P4P forum): sex slavery, HIV, very unhygienic, underage... Just thinking about such places makes me shiver.

• 2 weeks later...

Just about every village in Cambo has a chicken farm. They are squalid affairs and not for the sensitive. the ladies work on contracts. Usually family needs money because of a crop failure or a gambling debt or a new motorbike. so one daughter goes off in return for $500 or whatever and works it off at $5 per roll. Yaba is a common way to cope with the situation. Mama often encourages the girls to steal whatever they can.

It's not slavery, but it's not very nice either, though you won't find any girls chained to beds. HIV is common.

Karaoke joints are a kinder, gentler alternative, but not really suitable for tourists unless you can speak the language. a lot of the karaoke girls don't go right away. they might require a few visits and some little gifts.

That leaves freelancers who've mostly gone through the brothel system before, but moved on to self employment.

Thailand is much better for girls. If you want an adventure go to Myanmar. Yangon has "fashion shows" with tons of lovely old fashioned girls.

My earlier post about Cambodia was harsh. I have a love\haterelationship with the place. I will stand by the fact that real estate prices and rents are just silly, and the tourist ghettos are over-built. I have seen so many businesses fail in a year. Recall Cambodia's experiment with Genetic engineering in the 70's? the effects of that will be felt for generations. Deep corruption, shitty drugs, ridiculously inept and/or blatant scams. It is the asshole of asia. And NO, i do not like bull dyke lesbians. Take the very worst traits of a man and the worst traits of a woman mix them up with feminism, marinate in LGBT propaganda.... you got a lesbian

Khymers are often kind and sincere people and i wish them the best.

PP was still very dirty when I was there 12 months ago - plenty of folk 'mining' the trash in the gutters. Still the only place in the world, including Sydney's Chinatown, where I have contracted food poisoning and it put a real downer on my view of the town. I dont believe that it was Khmer food that did me in, though, but I guess it only takes one dirty bastard in the kitchen to contaminate your breakfast and its 48 hours of forceful ejections at both ends. Enjoy your lunch :)

• 1 year later...

"When I was there, I didn't drink alcohol, I didn't go out at night. I didn't have sex, I exercised at 5am every day (when aerobics classes start, people play badminton, walk, jog, etc) and same at 6pm."

I think this might not be the place for me... Really, almost everything on that list should be mandatory in any place I'm considering for a visit... I would imagine the real and only important question for any foreigner (who's not a missionary or engaged in some other depraved occupation... like, say, podiatry), is this:

Do they extradite to country X?

Cheers,

YimSiam ;)

"When I was there, I didn't drink alcohol, I didn't go out at night. I didn't have sex, I exercised at 5am every day (when aerobics classes start, people play badminton, walk, jog, etc) and same at 6pm."

I think this might not be the place for me... Really, almost everything on that list should be mandatory in any place I'm considering for a visit... I would imagine the real and only important question for any foreigner (who's not a missionary or engaged in some other depraved occupation... like, say, podiatry), is this:

Do they extradite to country X?

Cheers,

YimSiam ;)

You are fairly safe in Cambo.

EXTRADITION TREATIES

Extradition Treaty between the Kingdom of Cambodia, and the Kingdom of Thailand (1999)

Extradition Treaty betweenthe Kingdom of Cambodia, and the People's Republic of China (2000)

Extradition Treaty between the Kingdom of Cambodia, and the Lao People's Democratic Republic (2005)

chinaman.gif

Two other things (I hope khunsanuk reads this: 1) I bought a few things in a minimart. Two girls behind the counter. The things I bought were put by girl number 1 into several bags. Girl number 2, without being asked, took out a large bag and put all the small bags into the one large bag...

Wow, fecking A! Multiple plastic bags! Sounds like heaven! Must get there asap! I thought I was going to spend June in LOS but fuck that PP here I come. All those free bags!!! :yikes:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived