Bangkok vs. Pattaya

jon46

Comparing nightlife in both places, I can say that

Pattaya beats Bangkok by a mile in terms of costs

and enjoyment in a beach like setting. Prices are about 33% of Bangkok. 1,000 baht vs. 3,000 baht

for an entire night. No wonder why people flying into Bangkok and proceed directly to Pattaya, bypassing Bangkok all together.

The advice of going to beer bars is a good one as the prices are more reasonable. I met my girl from a beer bar near walking street and had two days of GFE!

Sanuk!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheap drinks (happy hour all day), cheap freelancers (300 to 500 baht)... Pattaya is good for whoring and not much else. As to the "beach like setting", enter the water at your own peril. :p

But if you are only looking for lechery, you can't beat the sin city by the sea. Think of it this way:

- Bangkok is a city with nightlife.

- Pattaya is nightlife with a city.

.....Prices are about 33% of Bangkok. 1' date='000 baht vs. 3,000 baht for an entire night....[/quote']

Please provide a cost breakdown of the "entire night" that can be had in Pattaya for Bht 1,000.

I'm intrigued, really!

I think, Munchie, he was referring to the price of the company of a lady for the evening, not food, drinks etc.

I kept a budget whilst on my holiday to LOS recently, and here is the average daily spend on certain items in both cities whilst I was there:

BANGKOK

Accommodation 1500

Daily Food 600

Incidentals 300

Lady Drinks 130 - 150 B / Drink

My Drinks 130 - 150 B / Beer in

a gogo.

Bar Fine (When Applicable) 600

Short Time Cost 1500 - 2000

Long Time Cost 2500 - 3000

PATTAYA

Accommodation 800

Daily Food 300

Incidentals 300

Lady Drinks 100 - 120B / Drink

My Drinks 59 B Draft Beer (In Gogo)

Bar Fine (When Applicable) 600 Gogo / 300

Bar Beer

Short Time Cost 500 (Freelancer Beach Rd)

500 - 1000 (Beer Bar Girl)

1500 (Gogo Girl)

Long Time Cost 1000 (Freelancer)

1000 - 1500 (Beer Bar Girl)

2000 - 3000 (GoGo Girl)

Of course, YMMV, and if you can negotiate lower prices with a gogo girl for all night then good luck to you - these were just a "par" based on my experience.

I budgeted 7000 baht per day for my trip. In Bangkok this went easily, in Pattaya, I averaged about 5000 baht per day and this wasn't being tight or skimping on beers, LD's etc.

Bangkok is more expensive. Simple. That doesn't mean its any better or worse.

For people on a budget, Pattaya wins hands down.

For me, I prefer Pattaya. I think the girls are less mercenary there, more friendly and laid-back. I don't have to deal with the pollution of Bangkok every day, and anywhere I want to go is within a few mintues reach of my guest house.

Also, playing golf, its great staying in Pattaya too.

I still love Bangkok and enjoy my time there, but I think the "value for money" stakes has been won by Patters.

I find one of the big advantages Patts has over Bkk is you can easily get away from the crowds/traffic/pollution and enjoy some peace and quiet.Pratumnak hill and Ko Larn are good for this,although in the last few years the ferry trip has become somewhat of an ordeal due to the large number of eastern europeans ( Russians ? )on board who insist on shouting at each other for the whole 45 min. trip - very tiresome.

I heard an ad on the radio (Pattaya 105, one of the English language stations) that they are starting, or have started, a ferry service between Pattaya and Hua Hin.

That would be VERY useful and save a lot of time on the road for getting between the two cities.

Anyone done this trip yet or know more about it?

:dunno:

I heard an ad on the radio (Pattaya 105, one of the English language stations) that they are starting, or have started, a ferry service between Pattaya and Hua Hin.

That would be VERY useful and save a lot of time on the road for getting between the two cities.

Anyone done this trip yet or know more about it?

:dunno:

Correct, HH company set it up with catamaran since november, 3 times weekly, takes about 3 hours, 2700 Bt pp one-way.

Will increase subject traffic.

BB

Archived