Techno Music?

Weird

Insomnia BKK is a great night out - good location, great quality coyote dancers and good service. the sound system is the best in BKK by a long way. They have techno nights but generally play commercial on fri and sat nights. They do not have a band playing unlike Climax. There is a 200 baht covercharge. I reccommend paying 100 baht and getting a membership as u then get 20% off all drinks so it pays for itself real quick. If you order a bottle of spirits there is no cover charge for 4 people. Gets pumping after midnight most nights. Not as many freelancers as Climax tho.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, thanks Gekko and Thaihome.

Good point about commercial music. Same same with Climax, never heard techno/house/trance stuff there, all pop and hip-hop, with some thai pop thrown in too. Of course, haven't been there since last May. I look forward to seeing this place (Insomnia) now, curious.

TH - Sunrise Tacos, yeah... nice. Got a weakness for their margaritas. That location will work out very well on the next incursion.

I'm not overly impressed with Insomnia.

A new place has opened in the basement of the Intercontinental Hotel at Chitlom called Club Mixx that has two rooms, one playing House, the other Hip Hop R&B. A lot better in my opinion. They have an affiliation with the Fashion Channel, so lots of models go there especially on the weekends.

http://www.mixx-discotheque.com/

Anybody recommend any clubs/discos that play techno music?

Oops. Sidetracked on Insomnia outta curiosity. Here's .02 to your original question.

From my (very) limited experience, you can catch techno, drum n bass (hell yes!), house, trance and what-not at Q bar, sometimes. (Only been there twice, wasn't bad one of those times). Bed Supperclub is kinda interesting, not that many people when I went on a Monday. Place was trying a little too hard to be hip.

Democ in Khao San has good music, but you'll be hanging around a lot of 20 y/o backpackers.

Handful of places around Khao San that spin a diverse mix, but you need to go investigate for particular nights. Khao San crowd gets a little silly, but you can find gems there. Hit or miss. (After Flash showed me the area once during the day [actually retracing the movement of redshirts, it was a day I learned more about BKK than the sum of the entire week prior], decided to see it in the evening a few times).

There's 'Astral' (sp?) at RCA.

Once again, limited experience and all may have changed since last year.

Archived