Emotional moments in Thailand

skirtlifter

Emotional:

Lamb Pie and I spent the day in the pool, relaxing and her drawing the attention of old men nearby.

MooNoi was due and so we arranged to liaise.

Sitting in Big Dogs waiting for him to arrive, an international man of mystery sits down at the next stool, he surveys me, I him, after a pregnant pause, "G'day".

He Australian, me Kiwi.

So MooNoi has arrived, after an extended absence I gather. Lamb Pie and I then spend the evening tagging along as MooNoi visits his favorite haunts, re-aquainting himself with old friends, we steadily build beer on beer.

At some point later in the evening, he says, I'm gonna get this place rocking, and steps up on stage with the band, begins guitar piece and launches into Isaan songs that transfix the dancing girls. he has them doing the chorus, everyone is truly impressed and the place is indeed rocking.

Only exception is white woman in corner with bad face who storms out with meek husband in tow, when it becomes obvious that white men and Isaan girls luv each other too much.

Very inebriated evening saved only by massage from Lamb Pie once home. This GFE is becoming addictive. The evil experienced monger in me has to keep reminding the happy and carefree guy, also in me, that Lamb Pie may not be the worlds best woman. But the strength of the emotion is becoming difficult to bear.

The next day at breakfast we discuss likely-hood of ever meeting again, she is very keen, me a realist says it's unlikely, and then despite my better judgement, I give her my email address. Ahh the slippery slope...

Later that day I pop her on the bus at Ekkamai and the last fleeting kiss, the tear in her eye, the wrench that goes on for minutes after the metres between us grow.

I was listening the Jaques Loussier who plays Jazz Bach on my iPod on the return journey to my hotel, Very melancholy, quite fitting.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Only days later she's worked out the email machine, and excerpt, ", I would like to tell you that i am very glad that i know you, though it's short time , but i was happy a lot."

I could love a girl like that.

Cheers

Coss

Archived