Thais arrested over killing of Victorian man

ozpharlap

Report:

"TWO men have been arrested in Thailand over the 2009 killing of a Melbourne good samaritan.

Luke Mitchell, 29, was bashed and stabbed to death while trying to save another man being assaulted in northern Melbourne in May 2009.

His alleged killers fled to Thailand just hours after the stabbing.

Last week, Thai nationals Sarud Seehaverachart, 28, and Thatiya Terdputham, 35, appeared in court after being arrested late last year.

It is understood a request has been made for the pair to be extradited to Australia.

A third man wanted over the killing remains at large.

"It is now a matter for Thai authorities to determine whether these men should be extradited to Australia."

Seehaverachart was arrested on September 18 and Terdputham was arrested on October 31.

They both faced court in Thailand last Monday and are expected to re-appear in May.

Mr Mitchell was stabbed five times and kicked while he lay on the ground in the early hours of May 24, 2009 as his friends and sister-in-law Daniella pleaded with the attackers to stop.

He died later that morning in hospital.

Mr Mitchell had stepped in to break up a brawl outside the Spot nightclub in Sydney Road, Brunswick and to protect his sister-in-law, who had come under attack herself after calling for an end to the violence."

Link

Not satisfied with killing tourists in their homeland, now they are taking it offshore.

I hope this does not take longer then a few weeks to be sorted out and these two alleged attackers are shipped off to Australia for some colonial justice.

Okay, this is important and needs some reflection.

Basic rule of international travel: you watch yourself when you're in someone else's territory. The OP is spot-on: Thais exporting their thuggery to other countries should most definitely NOT be tolerated, and the fuckers should be dealt with extremely harshly. I'll be delighted--though very surprised--if the Thai gov't agrees to extradition in this case.

I take a LOT of shit from Thai guys when I'm in Thailand. I know the score: they hate us farangs, and they look for any reasonable(?) excuse to bust our skulls wide open. And they know they can get away with such behavior...IN THAILAND.

They should NOT be allowed to get away with that behavior outside their borders.

Consider this: when I'm in Thailand, I'll take endless shit from Thais, but not from assholes from other countries.

The Indians and Arabs, for instance: when they disrespect me, they get it back, in spades. Nowhere near the tolerance I show asshole Thais. Why? Because I'm on the Thais' territory. Their rules. But outsiders who try to pull shit on me in Thailand? Not gonna happen.

A Thai sex worker drove it home to me years ago. I wanted to take her to a part of Bangkok where she had never been, and she was hesitant. I said, "what, are you scared?" She laughed at me. "Of course I'm not SCARED. This is MY country. There's nothing you can try to do to me here that I can't counteract in a second with a few well-placed words to the nearest motorcycle taxi thug...you would have no chance...no matter how good your command of Thai is". And she was absolutely right (at any rate, my Thai wasn't that great then anyway, haha, this was about 9 years ago!). I didn't have a chance at doing her harm on her turf. Which is one reason why Thai BGs going with us farangs is waaaaay safer than them going with Thai men. Or safer than, say, AmeriKKKan hookers going with AmeriKKKan bitches in the US...but that's another story, haha.

I got a chance to put this principle into practice myself last year, when a UK football hooligan type made the gross misstep of trying pick a "fight" (haha) with me in a Bangkok venue...it only took a few well-placed words in Thai (yeah, my Thai is MUCH better now, haha) and a few thousand baht to enlist the aid of the ex-cops (or maybe current cops, off-duty?) hanging out outside said venue, to take hold of the fucker and break EVERY FINGER on his right hand (my careful instructions), at a safe distance down the quiet soi...and then to hold him down while I doused him in piss.

As I said to the sorry prick, "hey, if I walked into your local [yeah, I'm a Yank, but I can speak that mangled Brit English when I need to], and tried startin' shit with you, what would happen to me?" The bitch didn't have to answer...he knew that the same brutality meted out to him as we spoke would be my fate, were I stupid enough to do it in his 'hood.

So it's really important that these Thais who murdered the Aussie learn their lesson: you do NOT export your thuggery to other countries...rule your soi with an iron fist if you want, but don't try to take it anywhere near where I live.

".... take hold of the fucker and break EVERY FINGER on his right hand (my careful instructions), at a safe distance down the quiet soi...and then to hold him down while I doused him in piss."

A man after my own heart!

I am not sure why but it seems that falang are lulled into a sense of false security in Thailand. Maybe it is the sex or maybe everybody is smiling but I have seen meek and mild guys really push it with other falang like they never would at home.

An evening in a hospital emergency room almost anywhere in Bangkok would quickly cure that as they would be shocked at what they see. There is a real violent side to the culture to balance out the great stuff.

Couldn't agree more with your post and good of the OP to post the story.

I have some sympathy with your view, but I'm inclined to think that thugmorons are everywhere and tribal geography is just a confusing factor these days, now that modern air travel is affordable to the proles.

Low education standards beget the machismo emetic attitudes of these idiots.

I saw two english football hooligans going at it in Pattaya once, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. An ex cop friend of mine described that sort of behaviour (he'd seen often) as "Chimping". Very appropriate.

JMHO

Coss

Guest lazyphil

<<"Of course I'm not SCARED. This is MY country. There's nothing you can try to do to me here that I can't counteract in a second with a few well-placed words to the nearest motorcycle taxi thug...you would have no chance...no matter how good your command of Thai is". >>

her exact words? :surprised:

shock aside to her eloquence. she has a point.

Hi,

"it only took a few well-placed words in Thai (yeah, my Thai is MUCH better now, haha) and a few thousand baht to enlist the aid of the ex-cops (or maybe current cops, off-duty?) hanging out outside said venue, to take hold of the fucker and break EVERY FINGER on his right hand (my careful instructions), at a safe distance down the quiet soi...and then to hold him down while I doused him in piss."

You hire others to fight your fights, and admit so on a public board? Isn't that kinda embarrassing, not to mention stupid (I would think it is likely illegal to break someones fingers, or - in your case - hire some people to do it)?

Sanuk!

I take a LOT of shit from Thai guys when I'm in Thailand. I know the score: they hate us farangs, and they look for any reasonable(?) excuse to bust our skulls wide open. ...

Consider this: when I'm in Thailand, I'll take endless shit from Thais, ...

I wonder whom you socialize with...

Archived