Egypt

Coss

It's 4:16 in the a.m. here and I'm up with the Gout, and watching the country of Egypt go off.

Thousands and thousands of protestors, situation completely crazy, makes the Bangkok stuff look like kindergarten.

What with Tunisia, Yemen, a conflagration in wings?

Coss

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's 4:16 in the a.m. here and I'm up with the Gout, and watching the country of Egypt go off.

Thousands and thousands of protestors, situation completely crazy, makes the Bangkok stuff look like kindergarten.

What with Tunisia, Yemen, a conflagration in wings?

Coss

Keep safe there :beer:

Frankly Egypt was overdue for civil unrest. Egypt and a few other muslem countries are corrupt and/or incompetent, usually 'and'. They have been playing both sides. They tell the U.S. we're your friends and tell the population in newspapers and media they control directly or indirectly that America and Israel are the source of your problems. The people generally see both as problems. There s a significant fundamental element in Egypt. They've been there for years. A few Al Qaida higher ups are Eyptian. Most of them from upper class families and are well educated.

The people want a fundamental state there as well as in Pakistan and a few other countries. I say let them have it. Let them find out what the people of Iran and Afghanistan found out. That a theocracy has no idea how to run a government. Iran's oil is the only thing saving that country. Civil liberties take a nose dive and they have no idea what makes a functioning economy.

Archived