Egypt

Coss

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is just great!

Saboteurs attack Egypt gas pipeline to Jordan

CAIRO (AFP) – Unknown saboteurs attacked an Egyptian pipeline supplying gas to Jordan, forcing authorities to switch off gas supply from a twin pipeline to Israel, an official told AFP.

The attackers used explosives against the pipeline in the town of Lihfen in northern Sinai, near the Gaza Strip, the official said. It was initially thought the pipeline to Israel was attacked.

"The pipeline to Jordan has been attacked and the supply to Israel has been cut off," the official said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110205/wl_mideast_afp/egyptpoliticsunrestgasisrael_20110205123242

FM,

When a country that declares itself a Jewish State, has the Star of David as its flag, fights a war against you in 48, 56, 67, and 73, and occupies your land, I think you would naturally eye with suspicion Jews in your midst.

...as did the USA when it rounded up and imprisoned its Japanese citizens in 1941.

Israel is a racist Jewish state according to its PM Netanyahu. It treats its 20% Israeli Arabs as second class citizens, and its occupied Palestinians with daily humiliations and cruelty in a South African apartheid style system.

Any Jew from New York, Melbourne or Manchester has the right to migrate there and receive instant citizenship and a house on stolen occupied land, solely on the strength of a popular work of fiction and hearing voices from imaginary supernatural friends.

But Palestinian refugees who were born there, whose families have lived there for centuries, who were ethnically cleansed in 48 and 67, are not allowed to return ... in contravention of the Geneva Convention and UN resolutions.

Jews can return to Egypt if they want to.

This is the 21st Century..its high time that Israel and its main sponsor the USA corrected this injustice before it is too late, and we all suffer in another war of Israel's making.

No argue meant there, except I'm not so sure about Jews returning to Egypt. Seems it would be somewhat suicidal. But don't overlook that Muslims claim Jerusalem not so much on its population - but on a religious faith based on the rantings of a violent and illiterate camel driver 1400 years ago. Hard to separate religion from the whole issue. Muslims claim they are the Chosen People, not the Jews. Flip sides of the same coin?

>>robaus. tell me. what is the difference between land grabs, wholesale slaughter and land removal, re-educating of the aboriginals of australia and white new yorkers relocating in israel?, i'd say none.

.. we agree on something then :-)

You seem to be living in the past, LP.

Lots of injustices have occurred throughout history which were deemed acceptable at the time but are now regarded as evil....from feeding Christians to the lions, slavery, the genocide of Aborigines in Australia, Nazis sending Jews to Auschwitz, apartheid in South Africa, making African Americans sit at the back of the bus in USA etc etc. But just because they were the norm at the time does not make them right now.

Do you believe it was morally right that British colonialists murdered the local inhabitants and occupied their land in 18th Century Australia? Yes, or no?

Do you believe it is morally right that Jewish Zionist colonialists are murdering the local inhabitants and occupying their land in the 21st Century Palestine? Yes, or no?

My answer to both is no. What's yours,LP?

You can't have it both ways.

In umpteen previous posts I have described Australia's sordid history. All of the past wrongs have been acknowledged in Australia, Canada, USA, and most have been corrected or endeavored to correct... through land rights legislation, compensation and social justice projects.

I am not responsible for atrocities committed by my ancestors. No doubt if we'd had internet and Wikileaks in 1770s there would have been people like me condemning the outrages. But I am responsible if I turn blind eye to atrocities committed in my world now.

Whereas as I recall you whitewashed Israel's recent atrocities in Gaza when over 300 children were killed sometimes horribly with illegal phosphorus bombs slowly eating into their flesh.

Australia is a democratic, multicultural society where human rights are respected, and which I hope one day is such a genetic melting pot, that racism is confined to the trash can of history.

But Israel is a racist, aggressive, imperialist country that tramples on human rights, and that's why I repeatedly condemn it.

:beer:

<< But I am responsible if I turn blind eye to atrocities committed in my world now. >>

And yet have we seen you condemn the attrocities in Sudan and neighbouring areas - where even the slave trade still exists? If I am wrong, correct me. But rightly or wrongly, you often appear as someone with tunnel vision by only singling out Israel (though admittedly Israel is the most visible offender).

Link

<< But I am responsible if I turn blind eye to atrocities committed in my world now. >>

And yet have we seen you condemn the attrocities in Sudan and neighbouring areas - where even the slave trade still exists? If I am wrong, correct me. But rightly or wrongly, you often appear as someone with tunnel vision by only singling out Israel (though admittedly Israel is the most visible offender).

Link

I would add that Israel is more in the spot light due to the vast amount of foreign aide they receive from the USA. Sudan gets aide from who? and thus maybe they should be concerned. Additionally, there is oil in the Middle east...thus the concerns...maybe if Sudan had a canal or some oil, we'd care?

Archived