Egypt

Coss

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Old Hippie:

Sudan has loads of oil ....

If I understand this correctly the sulphur content is very high and most of it goes to China.

If someone knows for sure would welcome correction.

Well god damn it if they have oil we have to kiss their ass! I knew there was some reason we didn't condemn them. I mean we let the Saudi scum slide...ok mystery sloved.

i bet aboriginals dont want a 'multicultural' society, rather a mono one where they were king, not swept aside, for instance in the sydney olympics. i grant you, they're not getting bombed to oblivian, but they're still a marginal group. their dignity crushed, living as drunks in rural ghettos. collectivly, including you, are all responsible. neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours!!!!!

Regarding Aus Aboriginals. I don't think they were exactly swept aside during the Sydney Olympics. There were Aboriginal dancers/rituals during the opening and/or closing ceremonies, and the Olympic torch was lit by an Aussie Aboriginal. Living as drunks? Hardly. I work a lot with Aussie Aboriginals and believe it or not the average Aussie Aboriginal drinks a lot LESS than the average Aussie-non-Aboriginal. The differennce is, when as Aussie Aboriginie gets drunk, it makes the news. When I get drunk, it doesn't. The Aussie Aboriginies who do drink, however, have a hard time stopping.

Other stats however (life expectancy, employment stats, health, imprisonment, etc) DO show they are, as a group, severely disadvantaged and millions of $$ are thrown at the problem. IMO most people down here want a solution, but we (as Aussies) are having a hard time finding one (including the Aboriginal Elders).

Guest lazyphil

white minority rule in south africa was considored wrong......seems early Oz lawmakers, policy makers etc had a good idea, ensure enough whites settled thus making white majority rule respectable (maybe not a plan and just went this way?)......i'm pretty sure had Aboriginals remained the vast majority in Oz, you too could have had a apartheid system, fearing the natives etc.....would have white majority rule in south africa been respectable simply because enough whites out numbered blacks?maybe no need for apartheid since whites dominated by numbers?.....off topic, sorry!

hmmm.. I get your drift Phil, but make no mistake about it, majority or minority, Australia was definately an aparteid country it the early days. Murders/massacres, forced adoption, families torn apart... it all happened, and the vast majority of the atrocities weren't taught at school in history class (at least when I was at school). Even 10-20 years ago the natives had an unfair disadvantage. Even now they are struggling...

seems you have more respect for your first nations.

Recently anyway.

But it is worth noting that in the Maori wars, the Queen Victoria's English Army was fighting with about half the Maoris, against the other half of the Maoris.

So that was sort of a majority.

And despite (or perhaps because of) a vocal minority of first nationals, everyone in NZ is treated more or less the same these days with regard to race.

But like Egypt the rich still attempt to shaft the poor.

Archived