Guangzhou Airport

Skatduder

I have never heard of this China airport and have a 5 hour layover.

Is it possible to get out of the airport and back and clear customs in 5 hours ?

If so can anyone recommend somewhere to go ? I'm up to anything, site seeing, massage, mongering, shopping, somewhere cool for a drink ?

Guangzhou (formally known as Canton to us round eyes) is not a City that I would suggest venturing into alone.

Every time I've been there I have had local associates take care of all my arrangements and always warned me to be very careful if out on the street alone.

Guangzhou is a hub for people looking for work and I have been told there is a transient population of over a million people a DAY pass though the City.

A million a day.... no money....looking for work.... and a percentage just looking for money.......

I don't know for sure, but I very much doubt that without a valid Chinese Visa you could leave the Airport anyway.

Even if it was possible, I'd suggest you "bite the bullet" and sit out your 5 hour stop over

Cheers DS

Guangzhou is an industrial city an hour north of Hong Kong. It used to be called Canton.

DS is pretty close in his description, tho' I'd say a bit heavy on the dramatics. Not dangerous, but certainly nothing to see there. It is ugly, dirty and full of factories. That's it.

But the airport is actually pretty nice.

Archived