Soongmak

khunsanuk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I hope it was natural causes."

Was this implying Murder or Suicide?

If you read it literally, no. I think you would be drawing a long bow to get to that conclusion. It is just so hard to believe but it happens, so, we must live out lives to the fullest as did Soongmak probably also did.

:rip:

Hi,

"Was this implying Murder or Suicide? "

No idea. My comment was more about the 'dirty laundry' being aired. I'm sure Stick would not have written this if Soongmak was alive, so why do it after his death?

Seems to turn the nice eulogy into another sensational "don't marry a bargirl" piece.

KS

RIP SM. Although we never met is always a shock when you hear of someone younger passing.

If ever there is a sound piece of advise I could give it's DON"T SMOKE. Gave up years ago and my health improved 200%

I was saddened to read about the failure of his marriage.

I remember going out with him the night before he left to return back home. He had a plan to bring her back and was determined to do so. He even put his money where his mouth was when the embassy asked for a sizable bond for her. He knew what he wanted and was going to get it, despite what people/society told him. First and foremost he was honest to himself.

I can honestly say that he was one of a handful of people that I have met that will not/did not have any regrets in life. I am sure when he died, he sat on his couch without any thought of saying " I wish I did it differently" Very few people , I am sure, will not have the opportunity to do it. In my profession, I see people die on a daily basis and can only hope that I can have 1/2 the guts to live life the way I want to, like he did.

RIP SM. Although we never met is always a shock when you hear of someone younger passing.

If ever there is a sound piece of advise I could give it's DON"T SMOKE. Gave up years ago and my health improved 200%

I second that.

Anyone who thinks they can't quit look at the thread from months back in Health on Snus.

Cannot believe how easy it was to give up cigs and how nice tobacco actually is when you aren't burning it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't read Stick's website very often and just ran across it yesterday. As most others, I didn't appreciate the speculation at the end, particularly after BB's comments from Soongmak's brother about his being in poor health the last couple of weeks. Maybe, since Stickman has said he has no intentions of having any children, he doesn't understand the bond between a father and child, but I seriously doubt it was Soongmak's intent to leave his child fatherless (and his upbringing in Thailand by his ex-wife's relatives). Anyway, if Stick wants to follow it up in a later column, I'm sure thee will be an autopsy). I do think that Soongmak has one major regret, not being there for his son, as his son' grows up. I hope the best for him.

If you really want to quit smoking, you will. It doesn't take magic, just determination. I decided to stop in 1982 and did. I finished off the pack and had and never bought any more. Nowadays I can't even stand the stench of cigarette smoke. Getting into a taxi where a smoker has been takes a bit of getting used to. Nothing like travelling across Bangkok in something that smells like a smudge pot.

p.s. HH and Rookie may be the only other folks on this board who know what a smudge pot is. :D

Archived