Singapore PEP

Mekong

YES YES

I have just been issued my Singapore Personal Employment Permit (PEP)which allows me to work freelance in Singapore for the next five years.

More importantly I now have somewhere to call home again, currently I am back and forth between Madrid and Singapore but I will be Singapore full time around Easter / Songkran until the end of the year.

Taxation is minimul, I am more than happy to pay Singapore Income tax and be legal there, it works out at one weeks income approx 2% of my turnover.

I am sick and fed up of jumping through hoops with the Thai Immigration but I still like living in SE Asia so Singapore is the option I choose.

After five years on PEP I can apply for Permanent Residancy, it's an option. I am not rich by any means, but then again I am not poor.

So after neigh on 20 years in Thailand Post Divorce I go South for any easy life, simple to fly into BKK for a visit if I so wish.

Next phase of my life

Ali

Learning Spanish is one of the best things I have ever done. I may be a dumbfuck asshole fast approaching 50 bur Spanish opens many windows of opportunity.

Bloody French and Latin was all I had at Grammar School, useless languages.

I will stick with my Spanish, it opens up a whole new world

Kong

I wouldn't say Latin halped with Spanish as such, but Latin helps one learn another language.

I still don't understand why most schools in UK teach French as a foreign Language they should be teaching Spanish.

Cantonese, Spanish, English in that order are the three most popular native languages in the world.

We English speakers are lazy when it comes tr learning another language since we expect everyone to understand English but even only knowing the basics of Spanish has increased my pleasure in Madrid ten fold so I will stick with it.

Komg

• 1 month later...

Archived