I'm done with Thailand. The love affair is over.

doris day

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tempted to say good riddance, but I won't. Your childish misgivings are laughable. It sounds like you made no attempt to address the very things that you could actually do something about. You sound like you don't want to be a pushover, but everything in your bearing and attitude invites the very same thing!

Worse still, you deceive yourself, you sound terribly confused. So if you ever did stand up to the terrible Scandinavian he'd have every right in my own honest opinion to knock your head off your shoulders, but I surmise that you couldn't well up enough courage, either morally or physically to ever do anything about your inner discontentment in that quarter which most people with any guts would do.

The fiasco with the bar girl is probably just mirroring your own very inner discontentment. No girl anywhere on this planet being paid or not wants to spend time with a miserable guy whom can't stand up for himself.

The cherry on top of your story was that encounter with the 'whore' that seemingly chased you home on a motorcycle taxi cursing you. It framed you perfectly in my mind's eye... magic LOL!

Wow, he has visited all of 2 cities in Thailand and now is burned out. :crazy:

I get your point, but, those two particular cities can be a bit overwhelming even at the best of times. Not all visitors to LOS are hard core mongers, even if that was one of their intentions for visiting LOS :beer:

Wow' date=' he has visited all of 2 cities in Thailand and now is burned out. :crazy: [/quote']

I get your point, but, those two particular cities can be a bit overwhelming even at the best of times. Not all visitors to LOS are hard core mongers, even if that was one of their intentions for visiting LOS :beer:

Haha. Well put. What cracks me up here is that I spend time defending the 'institution' of Bar Chicks, usually against guys who are dedicated mongers. Yet -- in my life the amount of times I've indulged in p4p could be counted on two hands. Ok maybe 3. Hmmm. Ok 4.

But part of the draw for me to visit was certainly women. Oh yeah. Exotic women, exotic environment. Give me some more. And I'm coming back.

First week or so in BKK I didn't care for LOS. But it creeps under your skin.

And as cliched and ghetto as it is, one of my favorite past-times is just sitting in Big Dogs at around 7pm and watching the circus slowly springing to life. Always found the girls there chatty, thoughtful, and vibrant. On my last trip they were shuttling back and forth to grab 'red shirt' stuff to give me, cause I was fascinated by it. Never barfined from there (maybe once), but they knew me well after a couple weeks. Even met a couple decent expats there.

That's trivial. If I saw sadness and resentment, would distance myself from it. Common fucking sense. If you see something that raises a red flag, don't go there. That's the fucking rules. In life. Period. P4p or not p4p. But you can't pick out isolated incidents and use that lens to see an entire demographic.

Or can you? I suppose I do that with Pattaya, but (and seriously no offense to anyone on the board, I'm not referencing people here), but... ahh fuck it. I won't start. :)

I think cleaning up a lot of areas wouldn't be a bad thing. Doing away with them outright would.

First task: separate the bullshit from the real shit.

Archived