I'm done with Thailand. The love affair is over.

doris day

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, No one forced him to visit the p4p areas. In Bangkok the farang p4p area is less than 3 city blocks in a city with over a 1000 blocks. He could have gone to Bang Saen instead of visiting Pattaya. His choice, just like it was his choice to select the :starfish: .

It is like one visits Australia, but only stays in Kings Cross. Then says he is tired of Australia! :cool:

GNHE9-cBFZ0

I have also witnessed a lot of what dd speaks about but that would never put me off. My favourite parts of LOS are nowhere near the P4P scene which is probably why after 17 years it still beckons me.

I have seen similar behaviour in my own country, Philippines, Vietnam, PNG. I am yet to see a perfect society.

I certainly understand the OP’s point, but I have trouble giving any sympathy to these people that have pretty much made coming to a developing country for their vacations the center of their lives and then complain when the country develops to the point that it is no longer fun (or cheap).

TH

I certainly understand the OP’s point, but I have trouble giving any sympathy to these people that have pretty much made coming to a developing country for their vacations the center of their lives and then complain when the country develops to the point that it is no longer fun (or cheap).

TH

Damn - you've nailed me again :)

Of all the alternatives that have been listed here over the years, I dont recall too many posts extolling their virtues, with the exception of the epic Jakarta post in Regional Sanuk. If anything, places like PI seem to drive Sanukers straight back to Thailand, and I still cant see myself walking the streets of Rio at night. KL is expensive, as is Sillypore, and neither have a Pattaya (hard to imagine either country allowing one to spring up ..), so I guess that leaves the PI. C'est La Vie, Amigos !

Hey, No one forced him to visit the p4p areas. In Bangkok the farang p4p area is less than 3 city blocks in a city with over a 1000 blocks. He could have gone to Bang Saen instead of visiting Pattaya. His choice, just like it was his choice to select the :starfish:

Equally so, nothing should stop him from visiting those places :beer:

If he did find it overwhelming, then, maybe some words of wisdom on this board should get him back on the horse :cool:

It is like one visits Australia, but only stays in Kings Cross. Then says he is tired of Australia! :cool:

:yeahthat:

Archived