Any BM's Run Marathons?

The_Munchmaster

No, I didn't think so!

Only kidding, I'm sure there are a few BM's who run the occassional marathon or maybe a couple a year but I doubt there are any who run one every day!!

Belgian Stefaan Engels completes record 365th marathon

_51119792_011194461-1.jpg

A Belgian runner has set a new world record by completing 365 marathon races in a year.

Stefaan Engels, dubbed "Marathon Man", began his challenge in Belgium a year ago and has since run a marathon every day across seven countries.

He crossed the finish line in the Spanish city of Barcelona after running 15,000km (9,569 miles) in a year.

"I don't regard my marathon year as torture. It is more like a regular job," the 49-year-old said.

He averaged about four hours to complete a marathon. He said his best time was 2 hours and 56 minutes.

Engels suffered from asthma as a child and had been told by doctors to avoid sport.

Before Engels, the record marathon man was Akinori Kusuda of Japan - who ran 52 races in a row at the age of 65 in 2009.

Impressive. And 2:56 for 26.2 miles ain't no joke. Fast, difficult.

Have any BMs run a marathon in LOS? I know there's one in Bangkok (I think I read once that they start at 4am so the heat doesn't murder people). With the tropical humidity, air pollution, and HEAT -- you get props if you have.

I have done the Pattaya marathon, but I have done less than 365 in my whole life let alone one year.

2:38 is my best time, I always try to get sub 3 hours. My father is 81 now and still runs he is happy with 4.5 hours, shit I hope I make it to his age let alone still running

Archived