So Close

Mekong

We are behaving...like a bunch of little 8 year olds...but shit look what we are dealing with here...

Sigh - it seems that I have taken the bait - hook' date=' line and sinker. To those who may have found my responses humourous, karma will get you all. Apologies to OH for my earlier post - I guess one really is born every minute. [/quote']

Dont sweat it, Mekong is a known BS'er. Look at his last say 20 posts and it's been getting THICK. Maybe he needs a Twix...?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont sweat it, Mekong is a known BS'er. Look at his last say 20 posts and it's been getting THICK. Maybe he needs a Twix...?

That's the problem - I usually dont click on any of the threads he has started. I dont have any particular animosity towards him, but I know he can be thorny so I just dont go there. Life is too short to get caught up in internet 'brawling'.

I can't fucken believe some guys attitude on this board.

Someone reaches out and get accussed of attention seeking.

Wake up to yourselves.

Meekong nothing is ever bad enough to end your life.

Remember feelings aren't always facts.

Someone reaches out and get accussed of attention seeking.

Bust...It seems that you may be correct. Mekong's "stories" got quite "bizarre" in the last 2 or 3 months and seemed to get less credible as the weeks went by. Mekong, like quite a few of us, have engaged in our share of cyber warfare over the years here. But he has historically, you must admit, been pretty quick on the trigger. Hence, when he seemingly went "over the edge", it was probably kind of a blur...that is, you might not know it until it has taken place. I suspect his close associates, such as they might be, caught onto it more quickly than others (including myself).

"Reaching out"? Hmmmmm....maybe. However, if he really believes that he will find the help he might need on "360", he has a difficult trip ahead of him. :(

If my idea that he might be "bipolar" or "manic-depressive" is correct, the last thing he really needs is encouragement or sympathetic agreement or acceptance of any delusions he might have. On the other hand, I guess you're right: some of us probably should have just not "taken the piss", so to speak.

HH

HH I guess my issue was more about unqualified individuals being so dimissive.

Some are not as unqualified as others.

That said' date=' coming to 360 for help in this or any serious real world matter is flat out moronic. Don't you think?[/quote']

No not at all. As for qualifications unless any of us have a degree in psychology I doubt whether one of us is qualified to offer advice.

Even if a suicidal person is telling someone else about it because they are ambivalent about suicide, what is wrong with that? Isn't that precisely the best thing for them to be doing, if you believe all suicides should be prevented? How is it manipulative to say, "I'm considering suicide because my life is absolute crap at the moment because of xxxxxx. Right now, that is looking like my best option for relieving my suffering, but if there were a way to relieve my suffering without dying, if there were a way to enjoy life again, I would consider it."

Most people who are actively considering suicide are not able to express their desire for help in such a level-headed way, but that doesn't mean that they are manipulative when they express their desire for help in a mixed-up desperate way. I think that mixed-up, desperate people often get interpreted as being manipulative because they are being eratic so much that, even though they are being sincere.

I never read the OP as asking for advice more letting us know where his head was at.

Yeh

Take the piss the fucking lot of you

I now know who my real friends are on this board, some of the people I have met from here I would not piss on if they were on fire, true colours have been shown.

You know who you are so I won't mention names but I will send a simple message "GO FUCK YOURSELF THE LOT OF YOU"

Considering suicide is not a laughing matter, but some of you deemed it aceptable make fun of the fact. I really was that close.

Old Hippie Fuck you mam, I thought you were a friend but he was like an asshole. i don't needd tests out of ss called friends

Salur

Merk S

Archived