I am making my first trip to Thailand

Davis

I appreciate your thoughts. As far as risk assesment goes, My honest thoughts are: regarding safety - reasonably safe, I've been out of country several times and with wisdom and common sense I'll be ok; regarding an exciting adventure - good reward here, it will be exciting, the novelty of Thailand and the different culture; regarding finding a life partner/wife - well it is not probable any time soon, honestly I feel the odds are not in favor of it, maybe after many visits and longer stays, the possibility of meeting new friends is good. But regardless I will have learned and been enlightened no matter how that issue plays out; regarding fun - I believe it will be a lot of fun. It's my nature to enjoy life and tend toward being reasonably happy. I really do not feel I'm in to much danger of being over informed or to expectant. I am really looking forward to it, I must say.

BTW, punter ??

Thanks for all the input !

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate your thoughts. As far as risk assesment goes, My honest thoughts are: regarding safety - reasonably safe, I've been out of country several times and with wisdom and common sense I'll be ok; regarding an exciting adventure - good reward here, it will be exciting, the novelty of Thailand and the different culture; regarding finding a life partner/wife - well it is not probable any time soon, honestly I feel the odds are not in favor of it, maybe after many visits and longer stays, the possibility of meeting new friends is good. But regardless I will have learned and been enlightened no matter how that issue plays out; regarding fun - I believe it will be a lot of fun. It's my nature to enjoy life and tend toward being reasonably happy. I really do not feel I'm in to much danger of being over informed or to expectant. I am really looking forward to it, I must say.

BTW, punter ??

BTW, punter ??

I'll show my ignorance again..and again...I do not get the reference to "meet some of the older wiser on a friday"...is there a spot where I can meet some friendly expats and give them a good laugh at how green I am in Thailand?? I could learn a lot and hell, I'll be laughing at myself most of the time anyway.

Also what's up with Casablanca...?

Thanks to everybody again!

http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showtopic.php?tid/378631/

Make the effort to get there. I have made some great frienships by just going along and introducing myself some years ago. Beware of the cigar smoking type or anyone who sets themselves alight :cover: They're bound to lead you astray.

Archived