Future of this board (software)?

khunsanuk

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, what are the alternatives?

There are 3 major forum scripts that can be considered: vBulletin, phpBB and IP.board

Go with IP board. I'm a member of a Philippine related site that recently made the switch from FusionBB and it was quite successful.

If you're looking for name recognition, go with Nanaplaza.com. When riding the skytrain I always enjoy hearing the announcement "Na na, Na na, next stop, Na na." Nana has name recognition. However the home page should reflect that it's not an exclusive monger site.

But as previously mentioned, you need to decide just what product you wish to offer. There are loads of sites that relate to nightlife and they (mostly) suck.

Hi,

Couple of comments.

On the credit card option, Jigger has canceled his merchant account as it was not worth keeping ($50/year to have a merchant account).

Those wishing to pay by cc can still do so through PayPal though I think.

On the domain name, I like the idea of linking NP.com to it. Perhaps set up a small site with a few content pages and link this to the Nightlife forum.

Not that certain about changing the name. While the domain name is a part of the search engine rankings, it is only a part. I think we should try SEO URLs first.

Sanuk!

Archived