Not so good at this

waerth

Why is it when I read one of your posts it's like I just smoked a carton of Camel cigarettes?

Jesus, take her anywhere, try lobbing lamb korma in her gob, I'm sure it doesn't matter.

Sorry - but some times you guys have got to wear the trousers and stop dithering about - I wouldn't mind so much, but it's getting a damn sight embarrassing, the wrong side of enough ....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a little covered patio on Suk Soi 3/1, just off Suk, that is VERY popular, and the food there is VERY good and very inexpensive. (Shrimp or seafood pad Thai and Thai iced tea: 80 baht.) I eat there frequently when I'm in town. A waitress from one of the go-go bars in NEP took me there one night.

There's the bigger, permanent version on Suk Soi 7, next to New Wave, across the street and a little down from Soi 7 Biergarten. Not as inexpensive, but good food.

There are a couple of italian places along Suk, between Soi 5 and Soi 11. Pasta and Noodles is one of them; I can't remember the name of the other. Both are good. The EXPENSIVE Italian place just up from Soi 3 on Suk closed a while back.

For Tex-Mex, I am very fond of Charlie Brown's, off Suk Soi 11. There's also Los Cabos, of course, on Soi 12 (I think), near Asoke.

21:00 is a bit late for anything at Siam Paragon food court.

Why is it when I read one of your posts it's like I just smoked a carton of Camel cigarettes?

Jesus, take her anywhere, try lobbing lamb korma in her gob, I'm sure it doesn't matter.

Sorry - but some times you guys have got to wear the trousers and stop dithering about - I wouldn't mind so much, but it's getting a damn sight embarrassing, the wrong side of enough ....

I had the exact same thoughts when I read some post (not singling waerth out)

Time to wear some big boy pants

If it is not to late, and a place I hear is liked by Thais and farangs, at reasonable prices, it is just near the place where the board meets on Fridays, Los cabos - I forget its name. If you look down that little dead end soi that you walk past to get to Los Cabos it is there. Arrange the date for Friday, if it oes not work out, join the boys for a drink to drown your sorrows :beer:

My apologies for the previous post W. A bit worse for wear, a wee bit too much sauce - gotta cut back me thinks.

I guess what I was trying to say, and I think someone here unwittingly said it before was that it don't matter that much you see? You could share a coke on the back of a motorcycle and a pack of Lays. That could even impress her more then any visit to the sky lounge...

Panadol

Yes, I have noticed a few posts when you seem to be a little hot under the collar :ghost:

I could understand your initial sentiments however, I usually put myself into the mindset of the poster, strange area, new date, to set a good example but not to go overboard on costs, especially and more so if the girl is hiso or has refined tastes.

I found myself in a similar situation early last year ... a friend of mine suggested Suda (my shock that is was nearly next to where the Friday Meetings are now held.

My problems was solved when the Indonesian lass I had meet, at Dream Hotel, (th reason the cost factor was brought to my mind) took me to dinner, then back for coffee at her hotel and then her for desert :beer:

Archived