Bangkok 2000

Pom Michael

Bangkok 2000

I'll let others fill in the gaps for this year.

If was right after Y2K, the world didn't fall apart and the economy was on the rebound after the lean years of 1997-1999.

- TFB started the e-Girls campaign (has it been that long)?

- God's Army where in the news when they took over a hospital in Ratchaburi - ending up getting themselves all killed in the process.

- Skytrain opened officially 5th Dec 1999, so year 2000 was the first year of operation. Most of the sky bridges were not in place.

I'm drawing a blank - what else happened in year 2000 in Bangkok? Must have been a good year, or I must have slept through it all. :dunno:

Bangkok 2000

I'll let others fill in the gaps for this year.

If was right after Y2K, the world didn't fall apart and the economy was on the rebound after the lean years of 1997-1999.

- TFB started the e-Girls campaign (has it been that long)?

- God's Army where in the news when they took over a hospital in Ratchaburi - ending up getting themselves all killed in the process.

- Skytrain opened officially 5th Dec 1999, so year 2000 was the first year of operation. Most of the sky bridges were not in place.

I'm drawing a blank - what else happened in year 2000 in Bangkok? Must have been a good year, or I must have slept through it all. :dunno:

A few memories, from a 2-week Millionaire's perspective:

- Venga Boys music was everywhere

- all the GoGo girls wore knee high boots :evil:

- boots were often all they wore :devil:

- Clinton Plaza was one of the areas to go

- Dance Contests were all the rage :hubba:

- bars closed 0400, if at all

- baht was 45-48 to the dollar... :cool:

- long time still a common phrase in Bangkok ;)

- Nana was showing

- Patpong was a great place

- Calsberg beer was everywhere

- scantilly dressed cigarette girls and Carlsberg girls :devil:

- you could easily get a seat on the Sky Train

- airfares were less than 1/2 what they are now :(

- Titty Twister was a great place in Nana :up::up:

- Asoke beer bar complex and Lolitas at Cowboy :hubba: :evil:

- overall price of hotel rooms were cheaper

- Woodstock was the Nanaplaza hang-out

Edited by Guest

Ahhh carlsberg! Lemon tree, venic boys. Boots everywhere. I remember meeting a girl at a street crossing looking down at the highest sole'd thigh high boots i had every seen. Noticing my admiration, she asked me, 'do you like my condo?' asoke corner! Sigh, i had a short time in a fridge box the once. Tight squeeze. In the rain that was a swamp. Remember the big bill board falling down in a big wind?

Ahhh carlsberg! Lemon tree, venic boys. Boots everywhere. I remember meeting a girl at a street crossing looking down at the highest sole'd thigh high boots i had every seen. Noticing my admiration, she asked me, 'do you like my condo?' asoke corner! Sigh, i had a short time in a fridge box the once. Tight squeeze. In the rain that was a swamp. Remember the big bill board falling down in a big wind?

Yes, Titty Twister, but don't forget the Warbler, and it's dwarf door greeter, which provided a decent buffet for Friday meetings there. Then both collapsed when the owner {forgot his name?] finally got busted for selling each place multiple times over to different buyers.

Surprisingly, no one had yet mentioned Therme.

Much better than Clinton Plaza [iMHO]. The best late night social and gal scoring spot on Suk...until the Japanese screw it up!