Bangkok 2000

Pom Michael

No - was a very wealthy young large Japanese guy who spent a week training, Friday night they'd have a competition. The "Farangs", Japanese included, would ALWAYS win their bought.

Sometimes deservedly, I remember a giant super fit german who seemed to be 7ft 6 tall, all muscles, going against a tiny Thai guy, of course he won.

But in this case the Jap, while bigger and (to be honest) fitter than the Thai, was no where as good, the Thai obviously (to me) letting him win. The Thai and Farang crowd was getting pretty pissed as usually, like the German, they Farang are good sports. This Japanese guy was behaving like he was a god and treated the little Thai guy like shit, really boxing cruelly, as the Thai had been told to let him win. The Jap even had his own film crew recording his great Thai Boxing prowess.

I was pretty pissed off by the end of 2nd round, so walked over to the Thai corned during the break, and told the Thai I'd give him 500 baht if he knocked out the Jap.

10 seconds into 3rd round with a great kick to the head, Japanese guy sinks slowly down, Thai turns to me, with a big smile brings his knee up into the Japs face.

I tipped him an extra 500 baht.