anywhere in cambodia that have no ngos

dingsbumst69

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a little restaurant in Mae Sot run by a canadian guy. Decent food and the guy seems decent. He was telling me once about problems he has with some NGO's . They will occupy a table and buy one bottle of water or a soft drink and when a customer leaves they will move to there table and eat any leftovers. Watched it happen one night. Amazing. He ripped into the guy and told him to fuck off and not come back.

5 minutes later an American/Canadian girl came along and did the exact same thing. She received the same message from the owner.

I havent had a problem with anyone from a volunteer organisation - not sure where this 'bother foreigners' hearsay is coming from. I did see a doco on the work being publicised by people like Ashley Judd in educating sex workers on condom use in SE Asia and Africa, but there was no mention of trying to deter the customers. Judd is an idealist, but the work they were doing looked very practical to me - handing out mosquito nets in malaria zones etc. No religious mumbo-jumbo, just trying to keep poor people alive - if that bothers the OP, maybe he needs to volunteer for 6 months or so.

You make me laugh

Anecedotal "evidence" does not make scientific proof.. Show me a double blind placebo study that is peer reviewed and you might have a saw. Until then, the so called tin hat study is considered snake oil sold be niave salesman. Who would go after scientific or medical funding from a christian based NGO in a third world country??? Just silly

Archived