anywhere in cambodia that have no ngos

dingsbumst69

what im talking about is all the ngos who are there simply skimming money from the donations. and living in luxury driving fancy vehicles while the people in the villages suffer. and who is watching the ngos how do we know they are not shagging the females they claim to save. also if your white they will take your picture and follow you even if your not doing anything some ngo fuck does that to me ill break his camera lol

What you are basing all this on is as you put it "hearsay"

I have been visiting SEA for over 17 years and are yet to encounter any NGO trying to take my photo and I regulary visit one of the most heavily NGO populated areas in Thailand.

Some of what you say about the waste of funds is true however your fears seem a bit hysterical.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you are basing all this on is as you put it "hearsay"

I have been visiting SEA for over 17 years and are yet to encounter any NGO trying to take my photo and I regulary visit one of the most heavily NGO populated areas in Thailand.

Some of what you say about the waste of funds is true however your fears seem a bit hysterical.

I agree. In 11 years no one has ever tried to take mine. Who they going to sell it to anyway?

where the hell do you go in Cambodia? where there are no kooky christian ngos. the reason i say this is because i hear they like to bother. other foreigners even if your not doing anything wrong especially if your white

Be cool man, just tell them that you're a pagan renegade and out to witness the collapse of the Vatican from your ivory tower in Kampuchea! :D

what im talking about is all the ngos who are there simply skimming money from the donations. and living in luxury driving fancy vehicles while the people in the villages suffer. and who is watching the ngos how do we know they are not shagging the females they claim to save. also if your white they will take your picture and follow you even if your not doing anything some ngo fuck does that to me ill break his camera lol

Sounds like someone has been spending his Sundays reading the tabloids. While there is corruption in every human endeavour involving the almighty dollar, the people on the ground are far more likely to be motivated by ideology/religion than by the demon dollar.

Sounds like someone has been spending his Sundays reading the tabloids. While there is corruption in every human endeavour involving the almighty dollar' date=' the people on the ground are far more likely to be motivated by ideology/religion than by the demon dollar. [/quote']

Yep, I guess that dingsbums is just repeating a myth and he sounds a little bit hysterical in regard to NGO's.

Maybe he has seen those stupid documentaries which came up now and then about prostitution in Cambo. In those docus usually a christian NGO plays a major role in rescuing Khmer prostitutes. But those docus completely overplayed the role of the NGO's in the P4P scene, while they ignored the fact that the most terrible things in regard to sex trafficking, sex slavery e.g. are undertaken by locals and Asians from nearby countries.

Actually the PP hostess scene for Barangs is very much regulated and controlled by the local authorities. 1-2 years ago the police even shut down a Korean hostess bar because they accused the owners of forcing the girls to go with customers... (but I guess that there was more behind it).

Or dingsbums read other Cambo P4P boards. I remember a now defunct Cambo P4P board where everything evil was projected at the NGO's (and at the BG's alike).

Anyway in Cambo the most corrupt people are part of the local elite. The money wasted by NGO's is almost probably a very, very small percentage of the total amount which is vanishing into the pockets of Hun Sen and his cronies.

So, if dingbums is really concerned about corruption I he just should stay away from any hi-so Khmer and he will be fine.

When I first came to the board, there was a lot of discussion about K11 - I think its been closed down since. It was only when I got to Cambo that the prospect of taking a tuk-tuk 11 kms *anywhere* in Pnomh Penh at night seemed like a foolhardy venture. I wasnt entirely happy travelling between Sharkeys and Martinis : rolling into a dark street full of tin huts wouldnt have been on my itinerary, no matter how 'cheap' the wares on offer.

When I first went, I was advised to keep an extra twenty in my sock, so that anyone that stuck an Uzi up my nostril, would "find" some extra cash and let me go.

Never had any trouble though, despite the twenty in my sock and the salami in my pocket :)

coss, have you ever read 'Papillon' or seen the movie ? The 'charger' isnt my idea of a good time, but neither is the prospect of being robbed and left without a single peso in a place like K11. Or Sukhumvit Road, for that matter.

Women are so much better equipped for this sort of 'personal safekeeping'.

Archived