Chiang Mai on 500k baht a year ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez on 25k baht a month you can lead a reasonable life. If really in a tight squeeze 18-20k is possible. And this is in BKK

45k would definately be reasonable.

500k you would have virgins with goldplated vaginas!

To reach these low levels you need 1 year experience and a good knowledge of the area you life in though! Living close to a major market, like I am and close to public transport (many buslines and subway) is a must. Though I still travel in taxi's a lot of the time out of laziness.

W

I'll go with the lads here and say, as I have before, that I'd never get out of bed in Thailand for less than B125k/mo. But I'd not be happy on that, having to be scrimping and saving. B200k/mo is a better low end number. Then one'd be able to do what they want at any time. That's the definition of happiness for me.

Why live in a third world shithole if you can't do that? With my skillset, I can make $250k+/yr in farangland easily. No reason to be in a shithole if you can live nice elsewhere. I like it here, but not enough to sacrifice lifestyle nor the retirement savings plan.

JMHO. YMMV.

Lizzie, I can see your viewpoint which your perfectly entitled too and as you say we've all got different views and aspirations. But when some people start to mention large incomes, (good on them if they can manage it) its still worth bearing in mind that those sort of incomes are totally out of reach for most people. In the UK for example only roughly 15% of the population gross more than £44,000 a year.

Simie.

Nearer to 500k a month than a year me thinks for a decent lifestyle....

WTF! Bt. 500K a month (US$ 200K a year) to live a decent lifestyle in LOS?! :yikes: I don't think so somehwow. :nono:

Nearer to 500k than 40k a month was my quip and as that starts at 270k, I'll stand by that.

I know you can live in a studio and eat Bt30 food all the time and so on and so forth but that is existence, not living.

Lizzie, I can see your viewpoint which your perfectly entitled too and as you say we've all got different views and aspirations. But when some people start to mention large incomes, (good on them if they can manage it) its still worth bearing in mind that those sort of incomes are totally out of reach for most people. In the UK for example only roughly 15% of the population gross more than £44,000 a year.

Simie.

Statistics can "prove" anything. For sure, there are way way more than 15% of Londoners earning more than £44k. In addition, were you living in London (or any other western place) then your partner might actually be able to contribute a meaningful wage to the household. I don't know many non hooker Thai women earning over 50/100k a month.

Go look at places where you can buy a house for less than £100k and salaries will be commensurately lower.

Living decently costs money, way more money than what it costs simply to exist. I've had months when I've spent less than 100k and many more when I've spent much more than that.

I appreciate not everyone can earn $200k a year or more but I simply don't buy the argument that people are happy as pigs in shit when they are forced to live on less than 50k a month.

Archived