German forger arrested with equipment for producing millions of fake baht

ozpharlap

A middle-aged German member of a gang of forgers was arrested in Pattaya in possession of a massive amount of equipment for producing millions of fake Baht. Apprehension of the other gang members is expected soon.

Pattaya, 21st February 2011 [PDN]: At approximately 9.00 pm Lt. Col. Kreetha Tonkhanarat, Superintendent of Children & Woman Protection Center Region 2 and a team of inspectors executed a plan to apprehend a middle-aged German who was a member of a black money gang.

The German man had deceived a German tourist into participating in his venture. The victim then informed police that he had been asked to pay 10,000 baht for purchasing the equipment needed to produce the fake money.

Accordingly a sting operation was set up, in which an appointment was made for the two to meet and to exchange the equipment for 10,000 baht in cash. The place chosen was the car park at Top Supermarket, on the corner of Central Pattaya Road and 2nd Road.

Pattaya Daily News 11/02/22

Best to pass them off to freelancers when the lights are dim, but make sure you get out post haste :beer:

I remember on one trip to LOS a freelancer picked me up at McDonalds (the one near the Marriott Hotel), after the deed when t came to the money exchange she noticed my shiny $2 coin, which for those in the know is gold coloured. She ask me it's worth, even though it had a 2 on it, I responded, "$200 or 5,400 baht, they just drop the zero's for use in Australia". She jokingly said, "I'll take that, but up to you". I thought about it but just handed her a 1,000 baht note, after all, she did perform well and there was a valid contract, even if an immoral one :beer:

Best to pass them off to freelancers when the lights are dim, but make sure you get out post haste :beer:

I remember on one trip to LOS a freelancer picked me up at McDonalds (the one near the Marriott Hotel), after the deed when t came to the money exchange she noticed my shiny $2 coin, which for those in the know is gold coloured. She ask me it's worth, even though it had a 2 on it, I responded, "$200 or 5,400 baht, they just drop the zero's for use in Australia". She jokingly said, "I'll take that, but up to you". I thought about it but just handed her a 1,000 baht note, after all, she did perform well and there was a valid contract, even if an immoral one :beer:

Has anyone here ever seen a fake Bht note? Do they suck like most fake US notes do or are they pretty well made?

Stick was taken in by a fake 1000 baht note.

Pattaya Police are warning Pattaya merchants, tourists and residents of fake 100, 500 and 1'000 Baht notes.

Detecting the fake money is not difficult, but you have to use an ultraviolet lamp, Pattaya Police say.

Archived