So This is Different...

preahko

So there's this Thai woman I know. She used to work in a bar on Soi 4. She got her start late (early 40s), never got into "the lifestyle"...though she did alright, customer-wise.

I met her in late 2005, when I and one of my regulars at the time--a yaa-baa-addled lesbian--picked her up and did what we always did with our conquests: fucked her brains out individually, without paying any attention to each other, haha.

We kept in touch, and, I dunno, we became close. For a while, we had sex regularly (I stopped paying her after a few months). Then she stopped working in the bar, started making jewelry for a living.

Since--I'm being totally honest here--I like my girls nasty, slutty, and clearly up for pay at the end of the evening, I lost interest in her, sexually, when she stopped doing Pussy-4-Pay. But we continued to hang out, and I would "help her out" financially from time to time (note: she never asked me for a single satang, ever).

Recently, she got into a government loan program to help low-income Thais buy their own condos, and she got herself a place out in Samut Prakhan...390,000 is the price, with a very reasonable 7k down payment (which I paid for her). She'll be paying around 3k a month, which is what she was paying in rent for her Sukhumvit Soi 97 apartment anyway.

I gotta say, I'm really proud of her. She tried the sex worker life (which is, mind you, not bad in and of itself, just not "for her"), and it didn't work out...so she sought other options, and made them work. I should maybe also note that she has two kids, fully grown (early-mid 20s, both have finished their bachelor's degrees and are currently working, hoping to eventually get their masters').

I'm happy to help her out (6k here, 6k there)...which, as I said, she has never asked for. She's not a drinker, not into drugs, not particularly into sex (though she enjoys it when it's there), and definitely not into the supposed "paradise" of living in the West--she's one of those "smart Thais" who knows there is no place on the earth that is better than where they're living right now, YEAH!!).

I plan one day--especially since she now owns her own place and will thus probably easily land a tourist visa--to bring her to the US for a few weeks as a tourist.

Anyway, I feel good about helping her out as she tries to improve her life, and I don't at all feel "used" while I'm doing it. Just to say, there are a few "original" success stories out there in the big bad city.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She will have to show she has sufficient funds for her stay in the US. :twocents:

True...of course I would pay for her ticket, expenses while in the US, etc...but (and help me out if I'm wrong, I have no experience with this), I would think it counts heavily in her favor (re: visa application) that she has a stable job for 5 years and owns property in BKK...?

I can't speak with authority about the USA, but owning property by the lass makes a big difference in Australia in getting a tourist visa, i.e. if she doesn't work. However she's got documented proof of five years work?

What are your longer term intentions?

BTW - all that stuff about red flags, and not trusting Thai women and not giving them any cash - that advise is for the bams that haven't mastered their training wheels yet. I assume you've been around the block a few times, and you can dispense with those.

To me there's nothing worse than a clueless bam that's done his dosh on some good for nothing tattooed whore that's fucked him both ways, financially and morally, oh yes and intellectually and emotionally - and then proceeds to tell all and sundry that all Thai women can not be trusted.

You sound like you've assessed her as a sound person. My advise would be to trust that instinct and don't listen to the muppets that got stung.

Your post sounds like a list of justifications to placate - whom? The mongers? Yourself? Have to run it past the mongers before you can trust yourself first? BTW I'm on your side.

A few years back I tried to help a Thai lady get a visa to the USA and it was a no go! even though at the time she was married to a US citizen and had had a US visa before.

The gotcha was that she went to the interview alone (I was out of country at the time) and they asked her some trip up questions that she did not correctly answer...WTF, she should have had a green card but such is life.

One the other hand, a few years back, a friend married a Thai lady and had friends in the US Embassy and got her the visa in a week! They had just recently gotten married so that helped but one week was a record as far as I know :dunno:

Archived