So This is Different...

preahko

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't speak with authority about the USA, but owning property by the lass makes a big difference in Australia in getting a tourist visa, i.e. if she doesn't work. However she's got documented proof of five years work?

What are your longer term intentions?

BTW - all that stuff about red flags, and not trusting Thai women and not giving them any cash - that advise is for the bams that haven't mastered their training wheels yet. I assume you've been around the block a few times, and you can dispense with those.

To me there's nothing worse than a clueless bam that's done his dosh on some good for nothing tattooed whore that's fucked him both ways, financially and morally, oh yes and intellectually and emotionally - and then proceeds to tell all and sundry that all Thai women can not be trusted.

You sound like you've assessed her as a sound person. My advise would be to trust that instinct and don't listen to the muppets that got stung.

Your post sounds like a list of justifications to placate - whom? The mongers? Yourself? Have to run it past the mongers before you can trust yourself first? BTW I'm on your side.

"Long term intentions?" None...beyond continuing to be her friend and help her out financially from time-to-time. Of course, she would prefer that it be more, but that just ain't gonna happen.

As for the "justifications"...haha, well, yeah, I guess to make it clear that this isn't a case of "falling in love with" and "sponsoring" a Thai girl under the illusion that "she's different," that she has a sick buffalo, etc.

Yeah, I guess she is different than the usual scenario you hear about...partly because she never asked me for any money, and partly because I don't have any romantic feelings for her. And yeah, I made my newbie mistakes falling in love with scamming bar girls years ago, I'm so over all that, haha.

Good luck to both of you. :) I think I might know this lady and she certainly deserves it. Always a straight shooter who takes the good with the bad with a smile on her face.

Yes, haha, you definitely do know her and she is indeed a straight shooter and very positive person.

I can't speak with authority about the USA' date=' but owning property by the lass makes a big difference in Australia in getting a tourist visa, i.e. if she doesn't work. However she's got documented proof of five years work?

What are your longer term intentions?

BTW - all that stuff about red flags, and not trusting Thai women and not giving them any cash - that advise is for the bams that haven't mastered their training wheels yet. I assume you've been around the block a few times, and you can dispense with those.

To me there's nothing worse than a clueless bam that's done his dosh on some good for nothing tattooed whore that's fucked him both ways, financially and morally, oh yes and intellectually and emotionally - and then proceeds to tell all and sundry that all Thai women can not be trusted.

You sound like you've assessed her as a sound person. My advise would be to trust that instinct and don't listen to the muppets that got stung.

Your post sounds like a list of justifications to placate - whom? The mongers? Yourself? Have to run it past the mongers before you can trust yourself first? BTW I'm on your side. [/quote']

"Long term intentions?" None...beyond continuing to be her friend and help her out financially from time-to-time. Of course, she would prefer that it be more, but that just ain't gonna happen.

As for the "justifications"...haha, well, yeah, I guess to make it clear that this isn't a case of "falling in love with" and "sponsoring" a Thai girl under the illusion that "she's different," that she has a sick buffalo, etc.

Yeah, I guess she is different than the usual scenario you hear about...partly because she never asked me for any money, and partly because I don't have any romantic feelings for her. And yeah, I made my newbie mistakes falling in love with scamming bar girls years ago, I'm so over all that, haha.

Must admit, I'm as guilty as anyone of reading the title to a post, then taking the bit in my teeth and champing on it. So there's an element of that there in my reply, but you say she would probably prefer more then friends with you, so what are her expectations? Dare I say that you may be toying with her feelings?

She sounds like a lovely lady. No doubt about that judging from your description.

One final question completely unrelated; where in the USA would you take her for a few weeks visit? I'm thinking of taking a girl there too soon and I'm fascinated what places there are that you would consider appealing to a Thai lass that's quite comfortable just staying in Thailand as you say - the best place to be?

Thanks in advance.

Panadol

...One final question completely unrelated; where in the USA would you take her for a few weeks visit? I'm thinking of taking a girl there too soon and I'm fascinated what places there are that you would consider appealing to a Thai lass that's quite comfortable just staying in Thailand as you say - the best place to be?

Thanks in advance.

Panadol

San Francisco would my first choice.

TH

The San Francisco area is a good choice. Frisco has a big Asian community, plus plenty of sights worth visiting. She'd love the cable cars, the waterfront restaurants and museum ship ... maybe a visit to Alcatraz. Yosemite National Park isn't that far away, a beautiful glacial valley in the Redwood country. A very scenic part of the USA ...

Maybe a trip down to Los Angeles too. She'd enjoy visiting Thai Town and could bring home copies of the LA Thai language newspaper to show her friends. Disneyland is an easy day trip from LA. Maybe a visit to the film studios, if she is into that.

My opinion is similar to HSTeach's. I doubt she'd be able to get a tourist visa to the US.

On her own maybe not, but probably easier with a tour group. A Farang colleague once got a fantastic price on a round trip ticket to the States by being included in a Thai tour group. Once they arrived in LA, he left the group and just went straight home. Got to keep his return ticket though.

1) Yellowstone

2) Grand Canyon

3) Amish Country

4) Great Lakes

5) Cape Hatteras

6) Mt Rainier

7) Smokey Mountains

8) Niagara Falls

9) Mississippi River

10) Key West

It all depends on where you live, the places you can do on a day trip.

Archived