Mardi Gras Sydney 2011

Torneyboy

Born, bred and raised in Balmain, the Mardi Gras, what a celebration of a minority, thousands spent on people who just want to be understood, well, right, we get it, each to their own but is it not time to spend the money on homeless people, money for pensioners, medical research etc etc. One of the many reasons I left Sydney, not that I am homophobic or anti Sydney, it is just that that city is so plastic, and has been so for many a moon - my apologies to Bust :beer:

Imagine if they had a monger's parade, you can just see women screaming, "dirty old men" :beer:

I am a Sydney boy as well :neener:

Hey ..it makes heaps of money for the city ..just think of the costumes to be made ,hairdresses,makeup..parting after etc...

The only plastic in Sydney are our credit cards :neener:

Yes, I forgot you were a Sydney boy as well ... and i was not having a go at the people per se.

Yes, the event brings in all this so called money, but they always say these things, "it makes the city money". However, you never get told the real costs and how much the city does spend on it. These are the same reasons why Melbourne will get rid of the Grand prix :beer:

Archived