Cheap Flights

ThaiHome

• 2 months later...

currently cheap or semi cheap seats a plenty on Etihad from Europe apparently from now until end of june (germany, uk et all):

http://www.etihad.com/

~550eur or similar in pounds too :neener:

Good schedule with only 1-2hours flight change in middle earth & supposedly brand new flights with decent service (similar to emirates I'd guess given the same country UAE) :up:

so move now those who got 5-30days of spare time & the inclination ;)

I dont know why Tiger Airways ever agreed to be filmed here in Oz - the short-lived reality show which came out of it seems to have hastened their demise, but how many people really thought fares that low were sustainable ?

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-incidents/safety-inquiry-to-lift-lid-on-tiger-airways-troubles-20110503-1e5zf.html

Its one thing to say a few hail marys before you get on a bus in Malaysia, another to be in a metal tube hurtling forwards at 900 km/h. I'd sooner fly Garuda than with these clowns.

hmm dunno - flown tiger a few times sinbkk & wouldn't say they're better or worse then the rest.

definitely they're not undercutting anyone severely within SEA, but maybe its different on the oz-asia sectors??

in fact most times I find the 'budget' carriers to be the more expensive choice than the 'hiso' ones - at least europe-asia wise - air asia, air berlin, garuda, turkish - seldom/never a cheap/value seat to be found so rarely fly them whatever :rolleyes:

anyway garuda is still in banned in the EU I guess so probably tiger will never consider flying here :)

Air Asia out of the bus shelter that calls itself 'Gold Coast International Airport' is still the cheapest way I know of to get to KL from Oz - from there its dirt cheap to fly on to BKK or pretty much anywhere in the region. The serious cheap charlies could take a bus to Hua Hin or BKK from KLIA, but I've been on that bus and its not something I'd like to experience for 16 hours straight.

anyway garuda is still in banned in the EU I guess so probably tiger will never consider flying here :)

Garuda Indonesia were unbanned in July 2009 ....

In July 2009, following a third mission led again by Federico Grandini, the European Commission lifted Garuda Indonesia's ban from flying into Europe. This was followed by three other airlines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garuda_Indonesia

• 3 weeks later...

OK cool so they now again fly into Amsterdam, but what are their offering?

A 1 stop ~17hour highly overpriced flight to Jakarta OMG :rolleyes:

Might as well not fly....

Only good thing coming supposedly is them joining the skyteam & then perhaps 1 step closer to competitive offerings!

Archived