iPad2

TheCorinthian

I've become something of an iTard having recently bought an iPod Touch. It's great! Next time I travel I will leave my Acer netbook behind and take the Touch.

Same applies to the iPad. For my needs, there is no reason to get one. I pretend to use an iMac at work 'cause the bosses, blessings be upon them, wanted at least one IT wiener who could claim expertise on it. So now I'm the "expert". haha.

Anyway, iPads are great, but I don't need or want one.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And another

Overhyped

Overpriced

Totally useless gadget

from Apple

Happy wife, happy life :beer:

She let's me go over to Asia whenever I want, it is her new toy, so, if it does what she wants, then life is good :beer:

Mind you, I hear what you say, but it was only 5-8 years ago we paid $200+ for a portable CD player (let alone a CD recorder), $500+ for a camera, we still pay $1,000 for a mobile phone if purchased outright, so, all is relative, I guess :beer:

Hi,

Actually, I would really NOT like to work for Apple. From all accounts Steve Jobs is a complete asshole and tyrant at the office.

Used an iPad for a couple of days (borrowed from a friend). Didn't care for it at all, even my wife who was VERY enthusiastic beforehand stopped using it within a day or two.

Sanuk!

I am, actually, right now, in the process of suing an Apple store in relation to my wife's Macbook Pro.

Just after 2 years use, the battery in the Macbook pro expanded, resulting in putting pressure on the track pad and thus, it went into free-fall.

I took it back, and the Apple store put in a new battery, and all was fine with it, save and except, I had to pay for it. I said, "why should I have to pay for it, the product is not of merchantable quality" (in Australia, it must be merchantable as it is an implied guarantee in every sale of goods contract in Australia). Apple refused to fix it for free, so, I have started a claim, which I will win, as their own invoice pointed to the defective battery as the problem, but it seems that these Apple sublets think that anything Apple (the big cheese company) say, is the end of the story.

The Department of fair trading has already told them it is an open and shut case, but, for some reason Apple is dragging its feet. I feel that within a short space of time, the litigation against Apple, for product faults may grow (well, at least in Australia) :beer:

And another

Overhyped

Overpriced

Totally useless gadget

from Apple

Apple COULD make one incredibly useful' date=' killer gadget...but they'd much rather spread all of the possible utility over 3-4 different gadgets, and then convince us via our gear-lust to buy them all. Gotta give 'em credit (in a perverse sorta way) for pulling THAT one off! (and yes, haha, I'm a Mac user...though all I one is one Macbook Pro and one very old, unfashionable iPod, haha).

It's maddening though, how they'll pack just a few cool features into something, only to purposely leave off one or two others (and then offer to sell you the "necessary" adapter, dock, what-have-you, to get those missing features).

BTW, the new iPad still only has 256Mb of RAM, like the old one. But at least you can type Thai on the new one.[/quote']

Strange, that Apple sold more than 15 mio iPad1, making it one of the fastest selling consumer electronics product ever.

By the way, actually for the hardware the iPad is not overpriced. No other maker is currently able to match the price of an iPad with comparable hardware (without a subsidized contract).

Link

Hi,

"Strange, that Apple sold more than 15 mio iPad1, making it one of the fastest selling consumer electronics product ever."

And how many of those 15M iPads are still being used regularly?

Sanuk!

2? :content:

Archived