iPad2

TheCorinthian

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Far Rivals Can’t Beat iPad’s Price

The iPad 2, unveiled on Wednesday, offers several sleek improvements over its predecessor. But its most attractive feature is perhaps the same one its predecessor had: the price tag.

And what makes that feature even more compelling is that so far, Apple’s competitors in tablets cannot beat or even match it.

“There have been nearly a hundred competitive tablets that have been introduced since the iPad,†said Toni Sacconaghi, an analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein. “But it seems that no one has eclipsed or even matched Apple on pricing.â€

NYT

Hi,

"Strange, that Apple sold more than 15 mio iPad1, making it one of the fastest selling consumer electronics product ever."

And how many of those 15M iPads are still being used regularly?

Sanuk!

Good point. A friend has one and loves it but all he does is read the news in the morning and play music. I offered to buy his netbook and we agreed on a price but he backed out. Another friend used his iPad for the same things but when he wants to read an ebook he uses his Kindle. I have a Kindle and love it.

When I send my laptop to the village I will buy a netbook that can be used without buying adapters to allow it to do the things that I use it for, like attach it to The TV and the home network.

zen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sitting on the fence.

I like the iMovie support added. I like it for web browsing, reading, and watching video (from playing around with one). Good for travel (though I understand trying to read on one outdoors on a sunny day doesn't go too well).

I don't like the lack of support for external storage (USB and SD cards). That's a big con. Also the lack of flash support. (Also don't like touch screen keyboards as much as standard).

Will probably get one. I'm fucking lame. :)

Still can't figure out how it's good for presentations though? Unless you're presenting to one single person who's squeezed in next to you.

It'll be awhile before that replaces the standard laptop/projector configuration for business presentations -- if I whipped out an ipad people would think I was a twit (which I am of course, but they don't know that).

Archived