iPad2

TheCorinthian

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lads, techno luddites, if you cast your mind back, (and remember I don't see a personal need for an iPad until the next gen comes out), the comments your are making, are the same comments that were made about the iPod, then the iPhone.

It seems, whether you favour Apple over the competition or not, we are all going to be neck deep in tablets in the future.

Someone is taking this seriously.

Don't want one, fine. That won't stop them being ubiquitous.

Who'd a thought Apple would be bigger than Microsoft?

BBC story

I thought Wikipedia would fail, I also thought wallets in a cell phone, would be a great idea when I got my first hand held calculator in 1977, but would they listen, fark no!....

Hi' date='

"Strange, that Apple sold more than 15 mio iPad1, making it one of the fastest selling consumer electronics product ever."

And how many of those 15M iPads are still being used regularly?

Sanuk!

[/quote']

2? :content:

Kamui, how many times have I told you not to exaggerate :beer:

iPad 2 prompts Samsung to rethink the Galaxy Tablet

A senior official for Samsung Electronics on Friday admitted his company would have to rethink its line of Galaxy tablets to compete with Apple's thinner, more affordable iPad 2.

"We will have to [color:red]improve the parts that are inadequate[/color]," Lee Don-joo, executive vice president of Samsung's mobile division, told Yonhap News Agency. "Apple made it very thin."

Earlier this week, Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveiled the second generation iPad. At only 8.8 millimeters thick, the iPad 2 is one-third thinner than the original. Impressively, the iPad 2 maintains its aggressive price points starting at US$499.

In contrast, Samsung currently offers a 7-inch tablet device that is 11.9 millimeters thick and priced at nearly $600 without a 2-year contract from a mobile carrier. The recently announced Galaxy Tab 10.1 will feature a larger display and faster processor when it ships this spring, but the device is still 24% thicker than the iPad 2. Samsung hasn't announced pricing details for its 10-inch tablet, but Lee revealed the original plan was to offer it at an even higher price.

"The 10-inch [Galaxy Tab 10.1] was to be priced higher than the 7-inch [Galaxy Tab] but [color:red]we will have to think that over[/color]," Lee said.

Ultimately, the rumble in the tablet market will lead to more-affordable devices packed with awesomeness. And that's good for all of us --- Apple fans or not.

Apple sold a staggering 15 million iPads from April to December, 2010. Since launching its tablet in October, 2010, Samsung has sold approximately 2 million Galaxy Tabs.

Link

Archived