Not a Boom-Boom Uni

BadaBing

What's funny is there was a young Lao lady who used to work at her mom and dad's restaraunt who went to BYU in Idaho. Nice looking girl.

Met a guy and ened up getting knocked up. Married quickly.

Mom and Dad were not real happy.

Wishing I had the chance to break her in so to speak...

Years ago I knew a guy who went to BYU simply because he feared he was becoming an alcoholic. He married a Mormon gal he met there ... and ended up absolutely hating the LDS (LSD is more appropriate) Church for their constantly trying to convert him into one of Holy Joe's believers.

While I really have a big distaste for magic underwear set (that includes more than just Mormons, if you understand global theology) and any other fundamentals, what can you do?

That's why we are better than Saudi et al. Tho' the same "magic underwear set" seems to miss that point with their fervent desire to pass laws that would make a fundie Muslim smile...all while failing to catch the irony.

But life is NOT a Comedy Central teevee show. Idiots. What can you do? We are surrounded by them.

Going back to the original post, I actually respect BYU's decision and the athlete's honoring it. At least there is some kind of honor of vows and a message there, versus the excuses (kiddy-fiddling Catholic priests anyone?) most religions make.

So, in a nutshell: I do not agree with BYU's actions, but at least a) it was done & upheld as per their rules and B) nothing there interfered with MY life.

In the end, it works for me. Unlike 99.99999% of the Fundie Xtian idiots and their views on sex, abortion and what have you.

Try living in Utah then. Guess who writes the laws and enforces them. As a good friend who'd lived in Utah once said to me, "If I were going to live there permanently, I'd join their church. Otherwise, you are left out of everything." The LDS folks control the place - lock, stock and barrel.

And you think LDS is different from the RC Church? My buddy who went there told me he knew for a fact that the Mormon bishop had been banging his wife's sister when she was a student. There is plenty of hypocrisy in the LDS establishment, despite what you think. He told me that the LDS Church actually tries to persuade its members married to non-Mormons to divorce them if they will not convert. They'd tried it on his wife too. Can you say tolerance? (But at least they don't stone those who blaspheme Joseph Smith. :hmmm: )

Hey, I think ALL religions should be outlawed.

I'm just sayin' that at least they somewhat lived up to their propaganda, versus burying it for the $$ to be made for the school at that kid's expense.

That's it.

LK -- militant atheist!

EDIT: Hell, it could be the best thing that happened to the kid. He's hansum, and now famous. And as the flaks say: there is no such thing as bad PR. :dunno:

I'm similarly down on religion, but I gotta say, I love the Mormons as students...they are damn good language learners, very highly motivated (which IMO is 70-80% of the battle, especially for Westerners trying to learn SEAsian languages), and I have yet for one of them to bring his (and it's always boys) religion into the classroom...more than I can say about the born-again fucks...

Oddly enough, Mormons by and large are great people. (But then again the Muslim students I have taught have also been really cool.) I even have a few cousins who are Mormons, poor bastards. But it is another one of those religions that wants to control its members' lives fairly completely - how you dress, whom you marry, what you drink, what you read ... plus demanding 10% of your income. Still, they don't try to shove it at you unless you express an interest. (The only Mormon who ever gave me any crap was a missionary who was a gung ho convert. The other "elders" looked embarrassed by him too.)

But they have that freaky "magic underwear." :dunno:

That's odd enough to get them laughed at. At least in my circles, as they are. YMMV.

But ya, the above is a piss take. Most Mormons are not trying to convert you. I respect that and truly have no issue with them (aside from their treatment of females but that's getting off topic).

Unlike the batshit crazy fundy Xtians who feel the need to make everyone nuts!

Archived