I mTOT = Stoobid, Any Alternatives?

RayRay

So the wife and I moved into a new subdivision in the same development that we've lived in for the last year. In our previous location we had a very high-speed broadband connection. It was just as fast as some of the broadband I've used anywhere else in the world. Good stuff. Very handy considering one of my businesses requires fast and reliable internet service. Never had a problem at the previous residence.

Anyway, when we moved into our new house TOT had not finished installing the telephone landlines, but they were working on it. No big deal, this shouldn't take too long. I got one of those air card thingamajigs to get me through what should have been a couple of days max. Said air card is basically crap because it is slower than the days of the old 28.8 modems.

Well a couple of days turned into a week. I was getting a bit perturbed to say the least. But there was still hope because we saw the little monkeys climbing around hooking up wires and all that shit. Wife asked one of the monkeys when they were going to be done. Monkey replied everything was going to be finished that day (this was about 10 Jan).

Well here we are on the 5th of freaking March and TOT still hasn't established a land line. Can't get my supped up badass high speed internet connection until these morons pull their collective heads out of their ass. I am at wits end with these morons. I've tried being nice and I've tried being nasty. Nothing works.

Is there any alternative at all? My business is taking a hit due to this. Not sure how much longer I can put up with this crap.

Why don't you go call the monkeys to come back and fix it? Do you know the acronym TIT? or the phrase som nam na? Either you haven't lived there very long or you just don't get it. Thai time is not the same as regular time and you can do nothing about it. But calling them monkeys endears you to absolutely no one. btw......is your wife/gf Thai? Call her a monkey.

Go to one of the TOT offices, like the one at Carre Four on Soi On Nut and have a chat with the TOT staff there.

I had some issues and the office people sorted it out on the spot!

If that fails, get a few bottles of Mekong and invite the TOT installers for some food and drink...grease the wheels and all that.

Honey works far better than vinegar in LOS...YMMV

Make sure you pick up a copy of Ima Wanker's latest book..."How to Influence People"...555555555555

Hey, I'm the white monkey, as they call me in LOS!

Thai word, "ling" = monkey

Than add the adjectives...ba (crazy), farang (foreigner), see khou (sp? white)...etc

No worries, it's all good!!!

Jai yen yen, dude.

After all, we are all monkeys in some sort of way :dunno:

I have been known to refer to the people of a certain country as "a bunch of monkeys farkin a football" but only in jest.

I have seen the monkey behavior in LOS, Malaysia and of course, the USA. Hell, I am part of the monkey behavior most of the time!

It's all good, roll with the punches and enjoy.

Hey, you have any interesting bite marks or USA stories to share...maybe back on topic, start another thread...over and out on this thread.

Hi,

W, relax. While the word isn't the nicest, I can kinda understand it based on the obvious frustration RayRay is going through with them.

So, RayRay, please refrain from using 'monkeys' and Ima Wanker please calm down and refrain from personal attacks.

Sanuk!

Has anyone ever used 3BB broadband? I never heard of them before our development's manager recommended them as an alternative to TOT. They offer a 16 Mbps wireless service that would be pretty kick ass if it's all it's made out to be.

Archived