Prawns and Coke?

Coss

Link

The following recipes were developed by The Culinary Institute of America® for The Coca-Cola Company, using a range of products including soft drinks, diet soft drinks, juices and lemonade beverages. These recipes reflect contemporary flavors, include nutritional information and use everyday ingredients. We also have a variety of heritage recipes, many submitted through this site by people like you.

Gentlemen, Ladies, those of the third way....

I have to take a stand.

The use of Coke in any food other than things like a sundae float (arguably food I suppose), is an abomination.

I take this stand to protect the palates of those who still have them, across the world.

Mr RedBaron, with the greatest possible respect, the use you suggest to tenderise meat, no doubt works, but has no place in food. This undoubtedly is due to the Phosphoric Acid content of Coke. Wikipedia

May I suggest that battery acid will do this too and much more effectively? Or, if you would like to achieve this tenderising without losing the lining of your mouth, both pineapple and kiwi fruit have enzymes that do the same thing, and add sugars too.

I remember quite clearly, when I was young, I had a job in a Pizza Hut, we had to put bleach in the sliced lettuce, to prevent browning. Bleach!

In proper cooking we would use lemon juice.

Cuisine is far too a precious thing, to be adulterated by the products of the industrial chemical complex.

Coss.

Archived