Midnight Bar Closing Time

sanddawg1

A friend of mine owns a cafe/bar on Sukhumvit soi 20 she told me that all bars were going to have to close at midnight (see her quote below). I did a lot of searching and could not find any conformation that this is the new rule .

"Well that's what the police told me when they arrived 4 guys last night... Bangkok will now be closing at 12 every night because Abhisit want all the drunken tourist to go and get more "quality" tourists..."

Can anyone confirm this?

S1

• 3 weeks later...

Same old cycle, same old BS. 6 months of window dressing, followed by a relaxation of the rules, then threats of some more window dressing.

Always amusing to sit in a bar on Soi 22, go through the little ritual of turning off the lights and 'keeping it quiet' while the boys in brown do their rounds only to kick on till dawn. The little Thai karaoke place in Wa. Square would still be cranking out the tunes when I went past at 8am and no-one seemed to bat an eyelid.

Pattaya was the same - I reckon I'd still be at one of those bars if my gfe hadnt dragged me home at 6. Amazing how good you feel as long as you dont sober up .....

Archived