F@cking Lufthansa

kamui

Ok, it's not a big thing, but I still have to rant.

Since a decade or so I avoid to fly with Lufthansa at any cost. Old planes, old, unpolite stewardesses and bland food. But most worst for me are the narrow seats in which I can't sit properly and which make intercontinental flights a real torture ( for comparison LH FRA-JFK/NRT pitch 31" (78cm), THAI FRA-BKK 34" (84 cm)).

But recently I received an advert from LH that they now offer really cheap flights to NY with the brand new A380. Since I have to go to NY I couldn't let the offer pass. Actually it was the first time ever that I was looking forward to a flight with LH.

But today I checked the booking online and to my anger I realized that LH has changed the plane from A380 to an A330-300. And of course I have lost the seat I had selected.

As expected, a call to LH's hotline did not help at all. They just told me that there are some problems and that I could cancel the flight - which of course is impossible now since the prices went up considerably with just a few days left before the flight.

:banghead:

Afterwards I send a complaint to LH's customers service. And I got an interesting first response:

"Currently we receive an increased number of inquiries. Please refrain from contacting us again about the same topic." (my translation from German**).

I am not surprised.

**Aktuell verzeichnen wir einen erhöhten Eingang von Anfragen und bitten Sie, von einer weiteren E-mail mit dem gleichen Anliegen abzusehen

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since a decade or so I avoid to fly with Lufthansa at any cost. Old planes, old, unpolite stewardesses and bland food. But most worst for me are the narrow seats in which I can't sit properly and which make intercontinental flights a real torture ( for comparison LH FRA-JFK/NRT pitch 31" (78cm), THAI FRA-BKK 34" (84 cm)).

But recently I received an advert from LH that they now offer really cheap flights to NY with the brand new A380. Since I have to go to NY I couldn't let the offer pass. Actually it was the first time ever that I was looking forward to a flight with LH.

But today I checked the booking online and to my anger I realized that LH has changed the plane from A380 to an A330-300. And of course I have lost the seat I had selected.

As expected, a call to LH's hotline did not help at all. They just told me that there are some problems and that I could cancel the flight - which of course is impossible now since the prices went up considerably with just a few days left before the flight.

Afterwards I send a complaint to LH's customers service. And I got an interesting first response:

"Currently we receive an increased number of inquiries. Please refrain from contacting us again about the same topic." (my translation from German**).

I am not surprised.

**Aktuell verzeichnen wir einen erhöhten Eingang von Anfragen und bitten Sie, von einer weiteren E-mail mit dem gleichen Anliegen abzusehen

That is a typical marketing ploy design to curtail complaints to their employees ... some human resource lawyers have advised of such strategies in western jurisdictions to minimize sick leave payments of their employees :beer:

The Luftwaffe ? Just dont mention the WAR ....

Probably the single nicest travel surprise I have had (an admittedly short list) was on my last flight back to Oz when I found myself on a BA flight. I had read nothing but negatives about BA for many years on this forum, and expected something piss poor as a result - to my surprise, they had courteous FAs, the food was edible and the toilets didnt smell like portaloos at a refugee camp. I guess you can just get lucky.

Lufthansa sounds like United. They are both part of Star Alliance so they "learn" from each other.

United's hub is in Chicago and their lounge there is shite!

I was in Lufthansa's lounge in Frankfurt, Germany and it was most excellent!!! that was the good point I saw for Lufthansa :dunno:

I am not surprised.

Take an Ambien, and you won't notice the difference

Archived