Sign in to follow this  
chocolat steve

NFL contract liken to slavery.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Adrian-Peterson-expresses-frustration-on-labor-i?urn=nfl-wp206

The NFL is under negotations with the player on how to split the pay. This idiot likens the players situation to slavery.

What pisses me the f*ck off is its a buzzword like the N bomb. I HATE when its used for situations that don't come even close to warrant it.

As a black guy it pisses me off because when buzz words like that are used too often it not only weakens it, it also slowly erodes true slavery.

if anybody is likened to " slaves " ( which i agree with CS about using that term ) it's the everyday schmoe that's going to end up paying for it if your a fan of the sport.

Yes, it's a shame that the true reality of slavery is diminished by contemporary individuals who in reality have been so privileged their entire lives that they have no perspective whatsoever.

One irony is that had these same individuals been born 70 years ago, they would not even been allowed to play pro sports.

Another irony is that these individuals, virile, strong young men - would have been the prized possessions of slave owners.

I would love to hear Jim Brown's thoughts.

Imagine what Jackie Robinson would have to say if he were still with us.

Especially ironic since there still are slaves in places like Somalia and Sudan ...

Maybe this guy would like to trade places with them. :hmmm:

The slave talker signed for 40 mil in 2007 with 17 mil guaranteed. What a cock.

"Nearly three months after being drafted, he was signed by the Vikings on July 29, 2007. His contract is worth US$40.5 million over six years, with $17 million guaranteed"

Link

Edited by Guest

I have a similar feeling when football players or more particularly, the media, refer to footballers as soldiers or warriors on a football field ... give me a break ... :beer: