Bully gets body-slammed

Boo Radley

I always hated bullies as well. I was very fortunate. Got bullied a little once but by and large nothing. I had a big family, even bigger older brothers, a couple of whom had a huge rep for being able to handle themselves, lots of cousins and the thugs were my brother's friends, so no one wanted to mess with me for fear of retaliation.

I always befriended the outcast. I didn't like people picking on someone for the sole reason that they were different than everyone else.

My older brothers didn't bully anyone. My dad wouldn't stand for it. He did tell them it was okay to defend yourself or anyone who was being bullied.

I know its seen as a rite of passage by some fathers that bullying happens and its part of childhood so its not a big deal but almost to a person, the people I know who were bullied or teased mercilessly carried lifelong emotional scars. Even 20 years after HS. Many HS reuinions there are people who go to confront people who were mean to them 20 or 30 years ago. The offending person doesn't even remember half the time.

This is another bullying video:

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D7VcQO3pvywE

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve...I never liked bullies either. I never got bullied, personally, but a couple of my friends found themselves the objects of bullying. Twice in high school, I found myself sticking up for guys who were getting "pushed around". One bully was in a P.E. class I had as a junior. He was a pretty good sized guy and muscular. He was just an idiot who enjoyed pushing guys around on the field or basketball court as hard as he could. One day, he'd almost decapited a buddy with a forearm while playing soccer. A few minutes later, I had an excellent opportunity to blind-side the guy as we chased after the ball. He never saw me coming. A slight jump allowed me to put a shoulder into the side of his head. It was a good enough hit to KO him and put him on the turf for a few minutes before he stumbled off the field. 55555555

Another instance was in a chow line at school. One of the senior "tuff guys" was giving one of my best friends a ration of shit while cutting into line. The guy was taken back that a lowly sophomore would challenge him. He decided that we needed to meet at a deserted citrus packing house after school (to which I agreed; I was a bit bigger than he and felt I was in better condition). By lunch time, half the 1500 students on campus had been made aware of the plan. I was more than a bit "nervous" when I heard that about 10 of this guy's "gang friends" would be accompanying him. But, I went anyway with a couple of my buddies. It should be noted that I was one of two sophomores who made the varsity football team, and it turned out that about 1/3rd of the team was waiting for me to make sure everything was gonna be one-on-one. Included among my seconds was Jim Vellone. (Vellone later played at USC and was a starting guard for the Vikings for five years before cancer cut his career short.) Vellone, even as a high schooler, was big, tough, and no nonsense. Another was a couple of years from serving in Nam as a green beret. (Tough and crazy...lol) When it became apparent that this idiot and his "gang" were severely at a disadvantage, the proposed fisticuffs was abruptly cancelled as a "misunderstanging" LOL. I'd been sweating bullets all afternoon, not knowing that nearly 20 upperclass football teammates had rallied to my predicament. To say I was relieved, would be an undertandment. I really had visions of 10 guys jumping me and beating the shit out of me. :( Later in my years, I found that the loudest and most agressive bullies were ones that would often back down if not surrounded by their cohorts. Most seem to get their bravery from someplace other than from within.

Rather unfortunate about the Aussie incident. The agressor got a broken leg. The victim of the bullying got blamed. The only good thing that might have come out of it is the lesson that that kind of crap can lead to very unintended consequences. At least the victim didn't wait to the next day and bring a gun to school and start shooting up the classroom.

I suspect EVERYBODY has been a victim of bullying in some form or another. Man is a naturally aggressive animal. It's in his DNA...aggressive and territorial. The best minds of any living creature on the planet, and we must tolerate or prosecute these idiots. Sad.

HH

Probably human nature. I got targeted for a while in high school by a stocky, much stronger guy. (I was a skinny kid.) He picked on me at lunch for several days in a row. I finally had enough and stood up to him. To my surprise, he backed off and never bothered me again. :dunno:

Thanks for the update, bust.

I would imagine the little bully must have lost a lot of face now with the video having gone viral lol

Nice to see that guy, after all his preening and sticking his chest out trying to intimidate the guy, get taken down so quickly and effectively :D

The "Wanker-in Chief" seems to be waging a one-up-manship campaign against himself every day with another stupid community activist initiative. :banghead: Who the F voted for this numbskull?

HH

Who the F voted for GWB ? Who voted for Clinton ? You have a system where the guy with the most money (and the most friends in the media) wins - as Donald Trump told a reporter recently 'I can put up 600 million of my own money - that is a huge advantage'. I did chuckle when they asked him for his opinion of Obama's origins : 'If you go back to my childhood, you can find people I was in Kindergarten with, but no-one knows this guy. Prior to a certain point, he simply didnt exist in America'. I can only assume that Donald doesnt believe the Wikipedia version of events - born in Hawaii, schooled in Jakarta during his formative years, returning to Hawaii for high school. If they cant dig someone up from those years in Hawaii, I guess Trump may have a point - anyone ?

... so you're saying Obama and Jesus same-same? :neener:

... or those reports are pure BS.

Link

... and for many, memories of Obama have faded to images of a friendly kid who juggled books and basketball. There is no mention of a vocal student determined to change the world, just a basketball-obsessed boy who was back on the court the day after winning the state championships with his senior year team.

"The Barry you saw back then, he was a little bit different ... not out in the limelight," said Burt Heilbron, another classmate, who is vice president of Hawaiian Agents Inc., a product warehousing and distribution company. "He was not outspoken, but always a very well-liked person at Punahou." ...

Link2

Obama's teammates Alan Lum and Dan Hale say those years with the kid they called "Barry" are some of their most memorable. The three friends were part of a basketball-obsessed group of students known as the "Rat-ballers."

Archived