Cambodia sets age limit for foreign husbands

Coss

This is a good law! I am glad the government is trying to protect older foreign guys from losing all their money to some sweet talking Cambodian girl.

Sadly, you dont have to go to Asia to have that happen to you. One of the guys I worked with some years back put everything he had into his marriage, fathered two little girls, built a house etc only to see her piss off with one of the other guys who used to work with us. That was a very incestuous workplace, but we were all sad for him.

I think it was KS or one of the other longtimers who told me once that board members who see all women as 'whores' have often been through very bitter divorces - I suspect that my friend might now be inclined to view the world thus.

• 4 weeks later...

Look at California if you want to see some horror stories. Our neighbour was a high school art teacher with 3 children. He came home one day to find the kids hungry and a note on the kitchen table. His wife said she was leaving him for another man and he could have everything. Nevertheless, the divorce court gave the house and children to the mother - plus alimony payments! The guy got to keep his car, his clothes, and half of his salary. The ex-Mrs moved her lover into the house and kicked the husband out. She never married the new guy, because then she'd lose her "support" payments. :p

The wife was a skinny flat chested mess, but she thought she was hot. My father came in the house with a big grin on his face and said she'd tried it on with him. He just laughed and walked away. Other men obviously didn't.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a friend/co-worker in NY who was similarly screwed. His wife got the house, the kids, 50& of my friends income and... the new boyfriend/lover moved into the house... the ex and the new boyfriend/lover never married because the wife would have lost the alimony if they did.

Can't get much worse than this. You've lost your home, your children, half you income and some other guy is living "rent" free in the home you are paying for, screwing your ex and more than likely not being the best "father" to your children. Meanwhile, you are working your ass off paying for all this, living in a one room apartment without any money to do more than survive.

Archived