Gloves Off - Libya

unit731

You wrote

<

A shocking number of them were from Canada!>>

I am sorry if you missed the "in reply to" next to my comment indicating I was directing it towards the comment right above mine that said:

Even today, the largest percentage of Legionnaires are reportedly German - must be something in the water.

Reading it all together it still seems clear to me. If it was not, I'm sorry.

(But I hardly see this even if ambiguous as "being called out" like, say BKT who flat out makes things up.)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some mistook the period you put after the "The vast majority of the ones I met were Russian." for a comma which would have linked the next sentence "A shocking number of them were from Canada!". The period should have made it clear you were stating another, unrelated fact in response to the question.

TH

I think some mistook the period you put after the "The vast majority of the ones I met were Russian." for a comma which would have linked the next sentence "A shocking number of them were from Canada!". The period should have made it clear you were stating another, unrelated fact in response to the question.

TH

Mai pen rai. I think too many guys here (on the board) need to get laid...or are on the rag. :dunno:

HH

Poll: Obama's approval hits new low

President Barack Obama’s approval rating and prospects for reelection have plunged to all-time lows in a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday.

[color:red]Half of the registered voters surveyed for the poll think that the president does not deserve a second term in office, while 41 percent say he does.[/color] In another Quinnipiac poll released just four weeks ago, 45 percent said the president did not deserve reelection, while 47 percent said he did

The decline in support for a second Obama term comes as his approval rating has dropped 4 percentage points since early March, landing at 42 percent – a record low – in the poll released Wednesday. His disapproval rating has risen from 46 percent to 48 percent.

The downward shift may in part be the result of dissatisfaction over U.S involvement in Libya, with 47 percent of those surveyed saying they oppose it. By a margin of 58 percent to 29 percent, registered voters said that Obama has not clearly stated U.S. goals for the mission.

The poll as conducted March 22-28 and surveyed 2,069 registered voters. The error margin is plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

Link

2,069 voters polled , which DMV line was this taken at... :grouphug:

Great humor. I wonder if the rest of the world gets it.

We have had so many "reorgainzations" in our DMV with each new CEO/Manager stating that he/she would make things better. One time I went to the closest DMV for a registration change and the line went out the door, down the parking lot into the street, down the street, under a railroad bridge, and back up on other side of bridge and I couldn't see the end of the line. I left of course and drove to another.

H_S8qRUsm7E

Anyway, it seems that Obama has authorized "covert" operations in Libya. Of course, there won't be "boots" on the ground. Maybe "sneakers" or "slippers"? "Advisors"? Hmmmm...isn't this where I came in?

Deja vu all over again?

HH

No. No. No. Of course not. It was the Commies back then. Us against them. And dominoes falling. Whole different dynamics.

And besides, the people of RVN are our friends now. Heck, I've been back a couple times. Real nice people. I even asked the cyclo driver if VC and his answer was "No VC". A real honest answer as always.

Archived