Gloves Off - Libya

unit731

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, once again, Wanker-in-Chief Obama readies our armed forces for another conflict without clearly defining the objective, explaining the various consequences, or defining the "end game". CNN poll shows that Americans OVERWHELMINGLY oppose U.S. involvement in a military action against Libya. Where will it stop? Deadly government response to demonstrations are taking place all over the ME...even in Syria, as reported today. So you have Bahrain, Yemen, Iran, Egypt, Tunisia...which ones have I missed? And here we have Obama, The One, who campaigned on diplomacy and not bullying. 5555555555 Just another example of his TOTAL lack of foreign policy and inability to run the office. No fucking wonder that Hillary plans to split sooner than later. Even she can't stand her boss's inability to decide what to do or how to do it. :cussing:

HH

Well, that's good news IMO.

But most retired military "experts" generally agree that enforcing a no fly zone would first require direct attacks on Libyan air defense systems and air fields. Act an of war, no? Yeah, Wesley Clark pointed out that in enforcing the Iraq "no fly zone" wasn't prefaced with that action. General rule was we didn't attack radar sites unless a pilot was "lit up". But that was a very different situation. Our pilots weren't flying to cover/attack ground action.

Unless the loyalists in the Libyan armed forces hoist the white flag, Ga-daffy will still run the country. And I thought that Obama's big deal was "no more Ga-daffy". Of course, who can tell what Obama's "big deal" is when he doesn't even know?

HH

"once again" ??????

Wouldn't this be his first time? The other wars/actions, Iraq and Afghanistan, were started under W's watch, not Obama's.

No..not the first time. First time was when Obama sent 30,000 more troops into Afghanistan. Your guy is in so far over his head that it's unbelieveable. A GS-5 steno could do a better job, except when competing with Obama in reading from a teleprompter. Now that I think about, Charlie Sheen could probably do a better job.

HH :content:

Archived