Gloves Off - Libya

unit731

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The posts about Obama's indecision regarding Lybia and other foreign matters is very troubling. A president can be forgiven for not knowing about every country. Too many. That's okay, but he does have access to experts who can adivse him. Typically, one would hear from the Joint Chiefs, the CIA, Sec State, the Ambassador to that country and any number of folks from think tanks and academia who specialize in that country to come up with a pretty good idea of what is going on.

The Obama we've all come to know and love (toothy grin to HH and Flash) tels me he's not low on self esteem and decision making. If he's being indecisive, there is probably a reason. Something he's waiting on which may be the wrong course of action (and it seems that way) but I don't get the feeling he's not making a decision because the situation is too big for him. Just a guess.

I do worry when the French are the ones saying show some balls and get in there with us.

That Lybian army is not gonna wanna face troops from a few countries of the free world. It would also embolden the Lybian people to fight harder knowing we have their back.

I'd love to hear the advice of the Joint Chiefs and the CIA though.

CS,

"If he's being indecisive, there is probably a reason."

Yup, he was likely waiting to see if the UK and EU plus the Arab League would do something about it. Hillary is posturing. Next election she hopes to look Hawkish enough to win the Democratic nomination and challenge Obama maybe? You think? She probably needs hormone therapy as well. :p:rolleyes::grinyes:

From what I read we, the US, will be doing a supporting role only, while Britain and France, maybe Italy, do the actual grunt work of it. AWACS, refueling aircraft, AC carriers as back-up support in case things go to shit, etc. will be our role. No US troops and boots on the ground. Hell, one US aircraft carrier has more air power than most countries in the world can put up in the sky, and state of the art aircraft and weapons too. I believe we have what, 2 in the area?

And it was suggested that the Arab League put up the cash to pay for most of this. Different ballgame with the surrounding Arab countries giving the green light to a 'no fly zone' for Libya. Hope to see Arab boots on the ground as well. Jordanian and others.

HH,

"First time was when Obama sent 30,000 more troops into Afghanistan."

Just reinforcing and manning up the undermanned troops W sent in earlier when he started that war really. Hoping to be able to get out quicker I'd imagine, as W botched it by underfunding and under-manning the job to begin with while trying to whack Saddam for daddy. The Big O is just trying to make the best out of what W left him.

HH,

Just reinforcing and manning up the undermanned troops W sent in earlier when he started that war really. Hoping to be able to get out quicker I'd imagine, as W botched it by underfunding and under-manning the job to begin with while trying to whack Saddam for daddy. The Big O is just trying to make the best out of what W left him.

GWB thought we would be in and out of Afghanastan in no time.

So far, we have been there longer then we were in World War I and II.

HH,

I don't recall W "underfunding" the invasion; we both know that Demoncraps never have a problem funding anything; we both know W wasn't opposed to "surges" :content: If anything, your Big 0 (zero, right?) is the one who refused to send the number of troops his in-country commanders said would be necessary...and it took your Big 0 three friggin' months to come to his decision to send about 1/2. Like I said, if he was in the White House when the Japs bombed Pearl Harbor, he'd still be flipping a coin on how to respond.

Aw, Hillary isn't gonna do anything but babysit a grandchild. But, if everybody else died and she became President, it would be an improvement over what we're stuck with for the next 22 months.

HH

<< Aw, Hillary isn't gonna do anything but babysit a grandchild. But, if everybody else died and she became President, it would be an improvement over what we're stuck with for the next 22 months. >>

That's the shocker. Obie seems to be a much nicer and more likeable person than Hillsie, but she is capable of making a decision on the spot. (The wrong one probably, but a decision.)

And Hillsie is a combat veteran too. Don't forget that. :beer:

The Big 0 does seem more likeable. On the other hand, I've asked before: "Do you want a frat brother running your country or somebody who really knows what the F to do?"

And, yes, I hear Hillary was supposedly really pissed off that she didn't get at least a Silver Star for her valor under fire. It had to be explained to her that it isn't for civilians.

HH

Archived